• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mirage Hobby - Polish 7TPdw

Kreighshoer

the polish 7TP was a really fine tank! it was built in two configurations - the 7TPdw (dwuwieżowa = twin turret) and the 7TPjw (jednowieżowej = single turret)! being just an interim solution, the 7TPdw were re-equipped to the 7TPjw version until 1939! the dw version was used in training units only but those also saw action in the battle of warsaw!

after the occupation the germans used captured 7TP in police units and in the 203rd panzerbataillon in norway and france!

dw and jw were never officially used with those tanks and are no part of the official designation!

i bought this little kit for 3,-€ expecting not too much!

well, i got what i paid for! the kit itself isn't that bad but the tracks were the biggest modelling horror i ever encountered!

whatever ... bought and built in 2006 (or was it 2005?) i lost interest after having glued on the last piece and abused this kit for painting tests even more than the hotchkiss!

about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago i thought i should give it a last chance and started to paint it but again lost interest very quickly after learning that i chose the wrong base color!

most info i got back when i painted this tank was from this page:

http://derela.republika.pl/7tp.htm

i wanted this tank look something like that:

http://panzerwaffe.pl/chudym/galeria_p.htm

Deine Lakaien - Where You Are

and this is where i will start to finish this one:

beginning2_20100403_1387405564.jpg

beginning1_20100403_1482063249.jpg

g060.gif

Hi Laura.

That is a pretty basic kit there. And it will be a good subject for a quick update. And as for the tracks. . . . . . . . :unsure:

There is always a good coat of mud as a possibility ;) .

Gary B)

You at least finished yours, more than I can say for mine. The camouflage looks well done. ;)

Regards,

blaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgs! i found some benchtime today and started to dance with my early years modelling crimes!

let's begin with what needed surgery: the tracks got pulled off, cut apart and cleaned as much as possible, the wires inserted to replicate a sag were pulled out, the muffler was cut away and drilled out, some nasty gaps got the putty treatment (i only started!), cut away the driver's hatch and both idler wheels needed special attention!

back then when i built that kit the attachment points of the idlers were the weakest point of the kit (besides the tracks!) and of course broke both! back then i didn't know how to help me better than securing them with floral wire - due to that "surgery" i f-worded them up both and they ended up completely crooked! history in the meantime! i drilled out corresponding holes in the idlers and the hull, inserted some sprue and reglued them! now they sit flush, with a strong joint and lined up!

this all sounds like it was a nasty kit but i have to repeat myself - this kit isn't that bad at all for a short run production and it came out that bad thanks to my beginner skills back then!

reworking took me longer than expected and my benchtime for today is consumed! maybe i'll find some more time today but this will be spent into something else more important!

Ultravox - Dancing With Tears In My Eyes

cutawayparts_20100405_1543101515.jpg

lhsbegin_20100405_1735511109.jpg

rhsbegin_20100405_1754679076.jpg

g060.gif

yohooo, fiddelidii! after filling and sanding madness, regluing snapped off parts and redoing the muffler i primed the kit!

soon, very soon this neverending shelf queen/kit zombie will be stored away!

Grendel - Zombie Nation (haven't listened to grendel far too long!)

primed2_20100413_1790295604.jpg

primed1_20100413_2034691874.jpg

next: green basepaint and camo, waiting for my next four figures to dry to be able to show an update there, evaluating what shelf queen will be the next to be sorted out!

g060.gif

Hey I wish there was a set of aftermarket tracks I can get for you ! The kit ones look real yuck !

Remember "you are a pirate :arrrg " (y)

Jenny :kiss:

Back