• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mil-24V

Dusan

Hello,

I was thinking to join one of the current campaign and,
I decided to do this model for this campaign, Zvezda 1/72 Mil-24V.
This is my favorite helicopter, and its appearance reminds me of
USSR and the cold war period :eek:hyeah .

Model is Excellent with nice interior details and fine engraved lines. This is a first model of Mil-24 in any scale (including Trump.1/35) with correct hull geometry (asymmetrical). In this kit there is a large variety of weapons and detailed engines B) .

Nice box art.
0001.jpg

Time.
0002.jpg

Color options for cold war period.
0003.jpg

Thanks for looking,;)

All the best!
Dusan.

... Zvezda 1/72 Mil-24V... Model is Excellent with nice interior details and fine engraved lines. This is a first model of Mil-24 in any scale (including Trump.1/35) with correct hull geometry (asymmetrical).

You left out the Hobby Boss kits which are based on Trumpeter's Research and Development. An interesting fact is that Monogram Models, of Illinois, was the first model with accuracy being important. If you compare the interior to what references were in print, they did not match. Now, with all the references available to modelers, comparing the photographs shows how well they did. It is almost as if someone provided them with video tape taken from the Nicaraguan Hind which defected in 1988 to Honduras...

Regards,

My favorite attack chopper, you shouldn't have! Awesome!(y) I alsmot got the 1/35 trump on to do.
Are you goin go to put a shark mouth on there for Saul? LOL! Can't wait to see more! Ryan

Thank you for your interest guys and support :) .

Saul, I agree completely.
Monogram was really years ahead of its time. As for the accuracy of many models from Monogram, they are still remarkably accurate today. I have some Monogram kits (or Monogram tool) such as the 1/48 P-38, 1/72 F-105, 1/72 Do-217, UH-1... a perfect fit.
Hobby boss has in its range of models some that are quite excellent and some quite bad :S like 1/72 F-16, F-15... Mil-24V is very nice kit but has a closed cockpit canopy in one piece, some incorrect details around the engine and no asymmetrical hull geometry.

I started working on the cockpit, which is given in many parts but it all fits perfectly.

0004.jpg

Engine detail is excellent.
0005.jpg

Thanks for looking :) .

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks for the view. Obviously, all the Hasegawa and Revell kits I have are obsolete!

Regards,

Hello,

Small update, now I can move on Mil24.

I painted the cockpit with tamiya primer and I saw last week Eduard PE cockpit set for this kit :bang head And I dont know what to do now...
0006.jpg

I went ahead with other stuff and I glued the two wheels together some small part, two halves of the gun pods, engines.
0007.jpg

Thanks for looking!

All the best! :)
Dusan.

You don't know what to do? Go with Nathan bedofrd Forests's mott of (roughly) "Go with what you've got"

Darn that thing looks neat!

Looking nice! I've been looking locally for one of these in 1/48- no luck there, but 1/72 and 1/144 are all over the place. For 1/72 this thing is full of detail. Cool.

Thanks guys! :drinks

Bob, I was totally preoccupied with other models :S I will soon finish one Bf109 (until next weekend I hope so) and then I will go back to the Mil-24 project, I realy have to add some small detail on engine.

All the best!
Dusan.

ohhh a Mi-24 - I love this beast!

I've taken some pics of this beast at Gatow last September somehwhere in between those 4xx pics here http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s58/malepo/forum-pics/Gatow%202011/ - let me know if you want some bigger

Back