• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

jknaus

Mikes WWI Aircraft Models 2020-04-28

No permission to download

jknaus

Administrator
jknaus submitted a new resource:

Mikes WWI Aircraft Models - An excellent build site of Mike "Sandbag" Norris

Anyone who builds WWI Aircraft will enjoy this build site. I saw Mikes builds on another WWI site and when I checked his web page I was quite impressed. He builds some really nice stuff and some of his builds include a blog. Now thats where I got really impressed. His build blogs are awe inspiring, written in PDF format and free to download. I am using his blog for the Sopwith Pup I am doing. You really should see them. Its like a one stop shop for info for that build. Highly recommended.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's got it James.
Good job and thanks for sharing this.
Mike The Sandbagger has some really nice builds out there. I'm still absorbing his Camel build.

Looks like the original link changed, updated and it works.
Yes, I fixed the link and was about to let James know. Excellent find as that Macchi M.5 resource helps for this subject:
Macchi M.5 57775845.jpg

I find the whole WnW thing bloody annoying. WnW showed you can produce very accurate , highly detailed models that the model making community love.
They cut out the middle man and sold direct to keep costs down. Their website showed that the demand was always there because many models were sold out. They could have priced these kits at twice the price they did after all GWH and others are now charging that sort of money for smaller 1/48 models and WnW models are fetching 3x their list price on E-bay
Worse still is no one has manged to sort this mess out in the years to follow and all these models could be back in production tomorrow if the will was there.

Back