• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitt Me609 now finished!

matrixone

Here are some pics of the Huma 1/72 scale Me 609 I recently finished.

This model was built O.O.B. with the only real change made was using decals from my spares box instead of those from the kit which were rubbish.

Paints used were Model Master enamels shot through my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush. The entire camouflage scheme was airbrushed free handed.

407656124.jpg

407656121.jpg

407656112.jpg

407656111.jpg

407656110.jpg

407656109.jpg

407656108.jpg

407656107.jpg

h7f0a2c8.JPG

he56081e.JPG

heb63235.JPG

Matrixone

Gotta wonder how it would have been flying with your orientation off center like that.

Nice build Les, another great scheme to show off. (y)

Cool subject Les and built to your usual high standards! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I built the Huma Me 263 kit and yes the decals were rubbish on that kit too.

Thanks guys! (y)

Somehow it seems fitting that chukw finished his Me 509 at nearly the same time this Me 609 was. :D Just wish my 609 was a fraction as good as chuk's.

Matrixone

Nice one Les! Is this different than the 109 Zwillig or just two designations for the same?

Thanks Adam, Ryan, James, and Randy!

Adam,
The Me 609 was pretty much a Me 309 Zwilling...the R & D that was done on the failed Me 309 design was put to use on the Me 609 in an attempt by Messerschmitt to get another contract from the RLM, I don't think the RLM had any real interest in the Me 609 because the Do 335 and Me 262 were proving to have very good performance making the Me 609 obsolete before a prototype could even be built.

Matrixone

I thought I'd already replied to this thread- guess I fat-fingered it! This thing is phantasmagorical, Les- cheers! Those landing gear- it's like a flying ping-pong table! ;)

Thanks for looking chukw!

About the Me 609 design...it looks like a design by committee type of thing, how else can you explain that landing gear setup? :hmmm

Matrixone

Back