• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6

Thank You Luiz, well :blush: I started the third Hasegawa 109 :gogo one for this campaign B) , one for my collection (video build) and one as a possible gift for my brother. He likes Raptor, Lightning II, Eagles, Osprey... but I love WWII warplanes :laugh:

Thank You Ian, Thank You Dave! :drinks

Thank You Paul! Paul, yes its a Rlm 66 but Vallejo No 71055, I have always used Gunze Rlm66 and Tamiya option I bought a lot of Model Air colors and it is a shame not to use them sometimes. :good:

:java
012~2.jpg

Thank for watching! :drinks
All the best!
Dusan.

They look great Dusan, after looking at your build(s) I was inspired to start a build of a 1/48 scale Bf 109 of my own. :woohoo:

BTW, the RLM 66 paint you used looks about right, RLM 66 is described as black gray not dark gray, if you come across good quality color photographs of wartime Luftwaffe aircraft you can see just how dark this color really is.

Matrixone

Thank You Les! Yes Rlm66 by Vallejo is nice but Vallejo Rlm02 is very very dark and wierd... I can't wait to see your 109 build!

I worked today and now on the 109s, I hope I'll get them for painting soon but tomorrow I'm busy. :java

real time...
013~2.jpg

014~2.jpg

Thanks for watching!
All the best!
Dusan.

Hi Dusan
Won't be appropriate for your G-6 builds, but I really like Lifecolour RLM02, I used it on my 109E which I'm building for this same Campaign.

See what you think...

Ian

Thank You Paul! Paul, yes its a Rlm 66 but Vallejo No 71055, I have always used Gunze Rlm66 and Tamiya option I bought a lot of Model Air colors and it is a shame not to use them sometimes. :good:

Hey Dusan - are you using Vallejo 71055 for your RLM66 or is it 71052 German Grey? I really like how it turned out. Going to give that color a go on my upcoming -109!

Thanks
Mike

Hello,

Ian I had problems with the Lifecolour and do not buy them anymore. I bought two sets, the colors stood unopened (2-3y) and almost completely dried up (I kept them properly). I do not know the reasons why it happened, maby the bad cap was on it in that series. I might buy one or two to try it again, They have a very nice color range.

Mike, Yes color is 71055 "grey green" on the lable :blink but the color is very nice.

New update,

015~2.jpg

This may seem strange for the basic color but I prefer to do this way, easier for me to do. (no pre-shading)

016~1.jpg

017~2.jpg

current stage

018~1.jpg

application of mottling not done yet...

Thanks for looking! :drinks
All the best!
Dusan.

Wow Dusan, that's some serious progress. Love the 'saw-tooth' camo pattern. Did you use 'Montex' (or similar) masks, or did you do it by hand ?? - Whatever the answer all three look excellent.

I use a matt black basecoat when I'm doing a project that doesn't need pre-shading or weathering aswell. It takes paint really well.

(More) great work here.

Ian

Dear Dusan.

...excelent painting , as always :good: ... waiting,anxiously,for new update... :notworthy

:drinks

Luiz.

Thank you all, You guys!!! :drinks

Ian, The camouflage pattern was masked with my own mask (made from normal printing paper) small blobs of blutack were used to lift the edges for better demarcation lines. ;) except the "green" 109, that one will be in winter suit.

All the best!
Dusan.

Lovely paint jobs on those three, like the others have said the saw tooth pattern is superb. :coolio

Matrixone

Hello :)

I'll try to finish one Bf109 for this campaign :java I worked on camouflage and I am not satisfied with the yellow so I'll repaint it. Also I masked clear parts with tamiya tape.
Update soon...

01~3.jpg

02~3.jpg

All the best!
Dusan.

Back