• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Me 163 now FINISHED

matrixone

At last, here are some of the pictures of the Me 163.

First of all a big Thank You to James for sending me this kit to build, who knows how long before I could have been able to buy one of these.

h9edba9c.JPG

h050381e.JPG

h4554947.JPG

I do have other pictures to post but today I have had a bad time trying to get this thread started without the dreaded ''page cannot be displayed'' popping up.

Matrixone

Nice looking build! Your airfield is getting full.

Terry (y)

Indeed! Hey Matrix, could we get a group shot of all your luft stuff? :yipee

Great job on this one, I could tell it was yours with your tricky camera shenanigans that always fool me! B)

Thanks to all for the kind words! :notworthy

I had some trouble yesterday getting this thread started so that's why I limited the amount of pictures to only three.

Anyway...this model was marked as ''yellow 5'' which was one of many Me 163's at Brandis in 1945 and was discovered by U.S. troops inside a collapsed aircraft hanger. The W.Nr. on my model is incorrect, the decal came from my spares box and its all I had on hand and better than nothing. ;)

More pictures...

Below is a photograph taken in 1945 of a captured Me 163 in original paint, I used this as a guide to help me add the weathering on my model.
hd97fb20.jpg

hdb28034.JPG

h8b6dd2a.JPG

hb61ceb1.JPG

Matrixone

Keep raisin' that bar, Les! Man- that is the perfect reference pick- and you nailed it. Cheers!

Never, never tire of looking at your models, Les. You don't have to answer this, and I know you've done some vehicles recently, but would you think of building some earlier aircraft ???, would love to see what you would do with a Battle of Britain 109E or Desert scheme Ju87...

...just a thought.

Ian

Thanks for the kind words Ian,
Right now I don't have hardly any model kits of early war aircraft to build so that's why I don't have any to show here. Buying good reference books is expensive and even more so if one attempted to buy reference books of all the Luftwaffe aircraft used in the entire war so I decided long ago to concentrate my book collection (and models)on mid to late war aircraft. The late war Luftwaffe fighters have always held my interest with their mix of the old grays and newer green and brown colors on them making them a fun challenge to paint correctly...the early war schemes are pretty much all the same and have been done to death by many other modelers throughout the years, with the late war schemes there are still some that are rarely, if ever, done in model form and I like my models to look original when possible. :)

had7e22d.JPG

ha000217.JPG

Matrixone

pretty cool Les. had one of these kits in my hand yesterday but cound not find the vendor to make a deal..wasn't meant to be i guess.

Back