• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Jeep with blackdog SAS set

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
20200605_151955.jpg

Press on.. :soldier

Nice little kit.
When I first looked at it I thought it was a repop of Tamiya or someone. But the parts are all about the same, I mean how many different ways can you model the Jeep?
Some sprue shots.
1591391462763.png

1591391484724.png

REALLY nice looking .50 hmg

1591391508528.png

Notice optional barrels.

Instructions are nice color glossy

1591391554561.png

1591391577137.png

That MENG logo has got to go!
1591391594147.png

Built up the motor this afternoon, builds up nicely.

1591391624034.png

Using Nato Green for the base. I'm back and forth about the hood being up or down, we'll see.

These guns from Blackdog have a lot to be desired

1591391683553.png

Blackdog supplies a grill but it looks a bit undersized than the kit one.
1591391727442.png

So I think I can handle knocking out some grill slats instead of removing the kit grill to put this in.

The bumper with netting wrapped around it.
1591391786532.png

is broken. I got some netting that'll wrap up just fine on the kit part.

Should make for a great little break. :popcorn
Black Dog has some great ideas but their execution leaves a bit to be desired.
:soldier On anyways sir

These guns from Blackdog have a lot to be desired

Blackdog supplies a grill but it looks a bit undersized than the kit one. So I think I can handle knocking out some grill slats instead of removing the kit grill to put this in.

The bumper with netting wrapped around it is broken. I got some netting that'll wrap up just fine on the kit part.

Sounds as bad as the CMK Armored Mutt set from which I used 0% (ZERO percent).

Regards,

Jeep is building up nicely. I was going to wire up the motor but no distributor and I don't want to get caught up in hyperdetailing.

The instructions would have you build the axle assembly on it's own and then add it to the frame, I'm doing the opposite. Installed the leaf springs to make sure they were square and then put the axle in there.

1591545169375.png

Strangely they have the front wheels articulated but the tie rod is static.

With the motor stuff, if you can't see it through the grill it isn't needed.

Be aware that some tiny stuff (like machine guns) might not be printable by Shapeways, or they might be rather rough even in super fine resin print mode.

Also, (as I found out the hard way with my Me323) resin shrinks over time. Your idea of modding the kit part is probably a better idea.

Coming along nicely, tie rods are an easy scratch build or cut up the kit part and reglue it. Glad to this moving forward. :vgood:

Will Stay tuned. I have a 1/48th scale Bandai jeep that I plan to do the same thing. Are you going to add figures to it? Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Back