• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Me1101 Nachtjager

razordws

I'll join in with this one. I'll do a proper start up photo when I'm ready to start which will be in the next few days.
20201007_211418.jpg

I could be wrong but I thought the Allies captured the Me 1101 and the Russians captured the Ta 183.

I did not know this but apparently the sweep on the wings of the Me 1101 was adjustable.:coolio2:

The wings on the prototype were designed to be set at 30, 40 or 45 degrees on the ground. It was for flight test only and wasn't intended to be included in an operational airframe. The V1 prototype was unfinished when US forces captured the factory. It was sent back to the US and ended up at Bell where some of its design features were used in the X-5 design, the first aircraft to have in-flight variable sweep wings.

Rich

Thanks guys. Started in on this one a few days ago. Really nice detail for the scale on this kit but the assembly looks to be very complex. I am going to have my hands full when gluing the fuselage together.
20201010_194436.jpg
20201018_201546.jpg

The instructions say to put 9g of weight into that little compartment in the middle of the fuselage above the engine. I dutifully measured out 9g of lead on my scale and went wtf? No way am I going to get that much lead in there. There is some room above the engine and forward of the fuselage so I will fill that with some weight. Hopefully between the two it will be enough.

Looking good so far, even if it is a strange looking aircraft. Your work is amazing on this. Keep it coming!

Having trouble seeing the photos. Gary S. XLV MMXX
Yes, I've been lazy and have been using the phone camera. File sizes are large and take a bit to download. I have not been able to figure out how to downsize them on my phone so I need to go back to using my regular camera.

Thanks for stopping in Pup and Duke

Thanks for stopping in Bob and Dave. Still waiting for your night fighter build there Dave! :bat

When I went back to the instructions this time it didn't actually say 9 grams of weight. There was a picture of a weight and a 9 on it or so I thought. Closer inspection showed it was a "g" not a 9... Anyway, onward we go.

Pics of the cockpit before close up. The side and instrument panels were PE but not pre painted. The PE had nice crisp edges so it was easier to paint than your typical plastic IP. I stuffed as much weight up top as I could and added a little extra in front just in case. I glued the fuselage halves in place and then added the two piece tail cone. I will lose some detail feathering that in with some putty. There are also two halves for the engine compartment so that makes 6 pieces for the fuselage altogether. Rather fiddly in my opinion.

I went back to using my camera so hopefully these will load easier.
IMG_2677.JPG
IMG_2678.JPG
IMG_2679.JPG

Back