• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Me1101 Nachtjager

It took awhile to get the fuselage together and primed. Some shimming was required as well as several sessions of PSR. It's not perfect but good enough for me. I've built several of the dragon kits in 1/72 scale and they are all on the fiddly side. Gave the fuselage a shot of primer to make sure it was all good the other night and glued the wings on tonight. Got a big gap at the wing root to deal with now. It is a cool looking plane though! :coolio2:

IMG_2685.JPG
IMG_2688.JPG
IMG_2690.JPG

She is a swift and deadly looking little airplane! I bet She was a handful to fly. :ro::vgood:

This has been a great week! My identical twin granddaughters were born last tuesday, I finished work for the season on Friday (lots of time now to help with the twins) and today just happens to be my birthday so I'm just chillin' building models and got the music cranked.

Now, having said that... LOL!!! I managed to snap the seam of the engine bay cover on this thing while taping it up for paint and I also snaped the tail wing off too. :bash: Oh well, one step forward two steps back as they say.

I decided to do an all black scheme on this thing. I have quite a few with the mottled top side already so this being a what if paint job I decided to do something different. I used Tamiya nato black but then ran out and used the Vallejo nato black to finish up. The Vallejo seems just a tad darker. Attempted to get some shading in there and I am mostly happy with it.

I will clear coat it tonight and decals tomorrow. Had to scrounge through my other kits for some white crosses.

IMG_2692.JPG
IMG_2693.JPG

Happy Birthday Dave! I'm glad you got to celebrate in the most perfect way: on the workbench! Congrats on the twins as well! Way to go man!

Thanks for your comments guys but it is time to wrap this one up. I see in the photos I missed a fingerprint and the canopy could use another coat of future as I managed to get some testeors canopy glue under the mask and had to gently scrap it off using a scalpel blade but I am very happy with the outcome.

IMG_2713.JPG
IMG_2714.JPG
IMG_2715.JPG
IMG_2716.JPG
IMG_2717.JPG
IMG_2718.JPG

Back