• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Me 410B-2/R2

Old Dog

Hmmm, B2R2 sounds like a droid :) As I mentioned in my last post in the Mosquito build that in while I'm suffering through interior work on it, I'm also going to finish a few kits on the SOD. This one dates back to the Revell/Monogram campaign from 2018. With the exception of the canopy this is a fairly decent kit. My kit had a 1979 date on the instruction sheet and the decals were crap. Way out of register and even with an over coat of decal sealer the propeller spirals shattered when I tried to get them off the backing. As a result most of the decals were substituted from other sheets. I had numerous after market sheets of national insignia and swastikas which were supplied in the standard sizes that the Luftwaffe used and none of those matched the sizes of the kit decals :rolleyes:. I ended up using masks from Eduard to paint the spirals. A note on painting; studying photos of these aircraft I found that most camo diagrams over emphasize the mottling. I tried to keep them lighter especially on the fuselage sides and when finished I was quite pleased. Unfortunately it doesn't show up well at all under the lights in photos. At least it looks good in person, to me anyway. Enough verbiage on to the photos...
410-b07.jpg

410-b08.jpg

410-b09.jpg

410-b10.jpg

410-b11.jpg

410-b12.jpg

410-b13.jpg

410-b14.jpg

410-b15.jpg

As always thanks for looking !

It Lives! It Lives!

Looks very nice, Gary. As you say it is hard to see the mottling. Sometimes you have to decide if you are building for photos or for the display case.

I dont know if its just the lighting but the canopy looks super clear and that makes such a difference to the pictures , well done :)

Back