• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M8 Greyhound

Fantastic work. It looks so busy and dirty and so right. Some inspiring work there for sure.
James

PS Saul I resemble that remark. lol

Thanks guys appreciate the sentiments !!!!
Ken , thanks man , that's a K59 50 cal. mg model and it's a bear to put together .
I also have a Live Resin 50 cal. for the M20 , which looks just as complicated to build .
Either way it puts single molded styrene mg bodies to shame , now I'm spoiled .
Pros : Affordable , actually pretty darn cheap
Beautiful detail
Cons : Very high sanity vs. construction factor

Ken , long time no hear , how ya doin man ?

Ken , thanks man , that's a K59 50 cal. mg

Ken , long time no hear , how ya doin man ?

Thanks man I have a couple of those sets, I did build one a few years ago and yeah, quite the build and excellent once complete.

EFCF0076-E2C1-4299-8C79-04CE4895FAAB.jpeg

As for how I’m doing, still getting up at five and spending my days stacking blocks for the pharaoh. Currently working a huge upgrade/remodel to a Cannabis grow facility in RI, I bid all the framing, finishing and door hardware etc. and I’m right out straight.

Almost impossible to find help/subs so I’m doing most of it alone. Hard on the body but the bank account is thanking me.

You still retired and walking the beach barefooted?

Yup ,pretty much in Jimmy Buffet mode 24/7 .............. with unlimited bench/beach time !!!
It's funny how when I was side jobbing I used to low ball to get the job , now I still do side jobs but don't really want to , so I give them a crazy high price so they will soy no , ............ but they wind up saying yes . Mostly decks, patios , gazebos , tiki bars easy stuff . I can't say no to that and my son does most of the heavy lifting .

Yup ,pretty much in Jimmy Buffet mode 24/7 .............. with unlimited bench/beach time !!!
It's funny how when I was side jobbing I used to low ball to get the job , now I still do side jobs but don't really want to , so I give them a crazy high price so they will soy no , ............ but they wind up saying yes . Mostly decks, patios , gazebos , tiki bars easy stuff . I can't say no to that and my son does most of the heavy lifting .
That's because you guys show up for the job!

I can't tell you how many times we've tried to engage a contractor for various things, they even come out and quote but when I pull the trigger they are no show. It's crazy out there!

Back