• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A3 finished and on a small base

cb1

Men, Ladies,

I just finished this Tamiya Sherman OOB and I'm trying my hand at small dioramas. I like the wood with the bark still attached as it adds to the scene.

I sprayed the base with the Floquil "dirt" texture spray can and I like how the color looks. Next time I'm going to add some "mossy dirt" of the same paint.
Here is the spray I used.
0c574c35526387c566a3d2d7aba01ba2.jpg

Then I added some tree stumps made by Bayardi (Trees & boulders). I then applied some clearcoat gloss in random areas and then I poured some fine dirt and static grass. After I shook off the excess I sprayed the whole thing with dull coat to try to keep it all down.

The pictures.
IMG_5212.JPG

IMG_5213.JPG

IMG_5214.JPG

I "think" I'm done with this one. I do like how that wood base/bark looks.

Thanks for looking!
Chris

Looks good, Chris! You're right about the bark looking good, really sets off the edge. Maybe get the tank to sink into the ground work a little more on the next one? (y)

yes sir! you are reading my mind. I'm thinking about using my winter cammo'd Bradley and make an attempt at snow :blink

Very nice Chris (y)

The base does justice to your very nice Sherman! The bark makes the base blend in with the groundwork, very nice! :popcorn

Cheers Erik

Well dang, that's quick and easy, here I am mixing up all sorts of stuff. Looks really good Chris, thanks for sharing! :mpup

I really like how this turned out. That base is surely an eye catcher. There's a couple of technical things, but as a Shermaholic I always see those. Overall a build to be proud of.

G

:ro: Thanks for the kinds words everybody! Thanks to all the tips and tricks I learned on this site I'm trying new things.

Lots of great skills on this site that I am learning!

Back