• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M3A1 1/48th scale Bandai Halftrack

hb5dc38c.JPG

h86fdc65.JPG

hcf5e3ca.JPG

Ok. I managed to tighten up the tracks by adding a layer of plastic strips to the rear road wheel and rotating the tracks so that the seam is under the boggies. My thanks to Iron Mike for pointing out the slack. The road wheels still need to be removed and painted. Also managed to cut a star decal a scale 6 inches for the front radiator shutters. Gary

Thanks to Iron Mike's observation, I found a way to take up the slack in the tracks.
h33712a8.JPG

A size comparison with my other non tank vehicles.

h99e145a.JPG

hfb8ef55.JPG

The figure is made to represent Mr. Verner Close, who was a patient of mine. I did several scans on him in a losing battle with prostate cancer back in the 90's. He served in the 8th Panzer Division, near Leningrad as a gunner on the 251. His greatest compliment to me was when I showed him my model of a 1/48th Panther tank by Monogram. He said, "They looked just like that!!" Gary

Nicely done Gary ... Congrats great looking trak I know that this level of detail is hard in 1/48 ... (y)

Back