• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

m3 lee lend lease

modelguru

Here is a m3 lee lend lease vehicle. Several mods needed to be made to correct t he vehicle but I wont bore everyone with that stuff.

001-27.jpg

002-25.jpg

i decided it needed to have a traditional setting in the russian countryside so I scratch built a russian log hut ......well most of it so far.

003-23.jpg

004-27.jpg

Next some figures were needed but this has always been a problem figures are not a strong point for me but they are comin along.

007-22.jpg

008-23.jpg

009-17.jpg

010-16.jpg

011-16.jpg

I've got a 1/72 scale Lee that I'm gonna try to do up as "Lolobelle" from the Bogart film "Sahara". I have the kit, and I have the film to watch to get the details down so we'll see what goes down.

Dave W.

Why not?? The boring details of the mod are what we're here for. Can you tell us what is different on it?? Thanks
James

Uncle uncle you twisted my arm enough ...... I do have some build up pics I will show the mods and corrections ......will try t o have it up tonight.

Well since the popcorn is ready and yall seem to want to know more .......here we go.
The first thing was since this is a 40 year old kit the sponsons need to be filled this was done with sheet stock.
010-14.jpg

there were the obvious issues like the texturing on the cast areas. Some Mr.surfacer took care of that bit.

001-25.jpg

Now since this is a later variant M3A5 the main gun needed to be replaced for the long barrel the kit barrel is the short gun .........some rummaging through the spares box fixed this.

001-25.jpg

due to the cold weather conditions the Russians would often fit these vehicles with a mantlet cover.

004-25.jpg

The next big issue is the drives were made too shallow and sit too far back. A couple of resin pieces from who knows what kit and voila this was corrected as well.

015-12.jpg

Access hatches were also added from sheet styrene.

008-22.jpg

Once again because this is now a M3A5 the exhaust needed to be changed .......so once again the parts bin to the rescue.

011-15.jpg

Other than opening the side box and scratching new hinges and filling locator holes with stretched sprue and rod those are the mods made.................

002-22.jpg

Back