• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M19 Tank Transporter Soft Top Cab - Merit 1/35

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
My contribution to this campaign, Merit's M19 Tank Transporter. Widely used not just as a tank transporter, but for all sorts of stuff that needed to be hauled. I'll try to find some reference photos with other cargo on the trailer than tanks.
As I have just realised there was a campaign suitable for this entry to be a part of, the start photos are screenshots showing the metadata on the photographs I took when I started this baby. The date is 30th of June.
The kit is a bit massive, total length nearly 500mm when completed. Let's see how it goes. I intend to have something on the trailer, pretty much like the Dragon Wagon I completed a while ago.

Anyway, starting pics showing the kit and boxart, plus two progress pics showing the chassis and the radiator. Nice PE parts inside, can only help with getting a very nice model when done.

h1ebd6a6.JPG

h0510330.JPG

hb7ed005.JPG

h0307171.JPG

Hopefully some updates will follow soon,

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

Yup, pretty straightforward, parts are nice and clean, only minor cleanup required. So far so good, let's see how it goes.

Bit of an update. Going smoothly with few exceptions. PE requires some attention with bending, some attention with the alignment of brackets and other small fiddly bits, but nothing major.

Chassis is done, the tray is nearly there, the cabin needs more work and so does the trailer.

Pics below, some parts are dry fitted. Have to prime / paint before final assembly, there is no way I could get to paint some areas when all pieces are in place.

hf41f1a8.JPG

h5e89f98.JPG

h5347c78.JPG

h69a273b.JPG

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

Thank you Gentlemen :notworthy

In between other assignments, namely the submarine and the 9/11 diorama, the M19 build got some more stuff done. The trailer is a strange animal. 22 wheels (2 spare tires), still to paint the outer rims.

The truck itself, painted and given a raw umber wash. The cabin is nearly there too, winch minus the cable awaiting some weathering before being glued in place.

hf89607a.JPG

h6675765.JPG

hf231872.JPG

Thank you for watching,

Laurence

Thank you Gents :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Bit of an update. Weathering began on the truck and trailer. Part of the trailer showing in the pic with the left side still to be drybrushed, there is an obvious difference between LH / RH+ Centre.

The tires I was trying to capture there, one is as they come in the kit, the other one is "processed" with the Dremel and abrasive stone, to give it the worn out look. Not sure if it shows properly. There are 37 tires to be treated this way.

Winch is done, except for the steel cable. Had to buy a thicker one, the one coming with the kit is too thin and fluffy, looks ridiculous. Cabin getting there, dashboard is another story. There is a decal that has all the dials, the only problem is with the protruding parts, whoever designed it, didn't consider that aspect. I cut them and placed them individually.

Long way from the finish line, but getting there... slowly :D

hd7d847a.JPG

h182e0f6.JPG

h83a3d8a.JPG

hb5aadd9.JPG

hbe4f029.JPG

Thanks for watching

Laurence

Back