• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M1 Sherman

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Here is a project that has been waiting for tracks for years (7) I'm afraid. I used the Italeri M4A1 76mm kit as the Dragon one was not out yet. Built and painted, it is the first tank I with Tamiya paint. I have over the years bought two separate link tracks for it, one from Panda and one from Bronco but they can and have bother my hands putting together. last month I found a set of vinyl from AFV Club. That re-sparked an interest. Looking at the tank now and I'm wondering if I should try and fix somethings not done right :hmmm Who I'm I kidding I've got to fix some stuff :eek:hyeah

shots of the new starting place :good:

DSC02686_zpsfms613ge.jpg

DSC02687_zps3cowptqp.jpg

DSC02688_zps9nyizwfv.jpg

and the track
DSC02667_zpsnj5sogsq.jpg

Starting off it was missing casting numbers.

not any more
DSC02689_zpswexsfgwk.jpg

DSC02690_zpslpdwhmmf.jpg

DSC02691_zpstiybjd8a.jpg

DSC02692_zpsla8n77cq.jpg

DSC02693_zpsrzaxu9vt.jpg

the hull lifting eyes on the rear leaned out, I replaced them. With those looking better I replaced the front also. Then made some mirror brackets, fender brackets, exhaust grill brackets and second antenna bracket.
DSC02694_zpsthg3tb4k.jpg

DSC02695_zpsnk98vhg1.jpg

DSC02697_zpsrq5ve76r.jpg

DSC02698_zpsyhkqnbcy.jpg

DSC02699_zps5jfiwmgs.jpg

Looking great with the additions. What color mix did you use for the green? It looks like it has some brown in iut.

Looking great with the additions. What color mix did you use for the green? It looks like it has some brown in iut.

Thanks Zod!

The paint is Tamiya right out of the bottle. This is the first tank I ever painted with Tamiya. I painted a '69 Mercury Cougar years before and the tape I used pulled the paint right off. I did not try it again until model and again this summer with my USMC M4A1

Back