• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lost Internet Hobby Order?

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

Just wondering what fellow Canadians do if an internet order of theirs is signed for by someone in another city. That is what happened to an order of mine according to the tracking number I was given. This order had a Tamiya Challenger I tank in 1/35 scale and a number of figure sets in 1/35 scale as well as a MiniArt Spartan Hoplite V Century BC figure in 1/16 scale.

Who would be responsible for getting info on where that order went to? Would it be me the customer or the vendor? Who'd be most likely to be able to get Canada Post to do anything about it?

A few months ago I was told by Canada Post that the tracking number was most likely a letter. Now, I figure that this would have been a fair sized parcel and that the recipient who signed for it *if I was given the correct tracking number that is) would have known the parcel wasn't theirs especially after opening it if they were expecting a parcel and not a letter. Thus i see it as theft of mail which as far as I know is a Federal crime.

The problem with another parcel might be that the Tamiya Challenger I kit is OOP and may not be in it. I've been told that a second parcel has been shipped from Hong Kong to the vndor here in Ontario but that's been a number of weeks since the last update and the updates didn't tell me jusy what kits are in this second parcel.

If this happened to you, what would you do?

Thanks and cheers from Peter

I would go to Canada Post and say I have this parcel with this tracking number going to this address. It has been picked up by someone in this city and they signed for it. Tell them you want to know about insurance and that you want to claim it and keep going higher until someone helps you. I suppose you could also ask the police or OPP for advice also.
James

What the parcel was sent to the "exact address" you gave but in another city ?

The onus is on the postal service to deliver it to the correct address that you gave the vendor when submitting the order.

I agree the person who signed for it should be taken to task for the obvious theft, as Im sure you dont share the same names

Firstly I would contact whoever you ordered the items through and explain the problem and secondly the postal service should be contact again for it is their fault for the wrong delivery.

** when I refer to postal service I mean whoever the vendor uses to delivery the purchased items whether that be Canadian mail, fedex or whoever

Thanks guys.

I've contacted the vendor via email a number of times and asked him if he was going to pursue this. All I got back from him was that another order was shipped from Hong Kong to him in Ontario but he never told me what's in the second parcel. Darn frustrating that is since a friend of mine could have got me the MiniArt Spartan Hoplite V Century BC figure at a show but didn't because he knew I'd ordered it and it was on its way here. That was the first missing parcel which also contained the Master Box Commonwealth AFV Crew I need the dromedary from.

I guess I'll contact Canada Post and see if I can start anything to recover that first parcel.

Thanks again.

Cheers from Peter

Hi there.

Can you believe this? The replacement parcel that was at Canada Customs has been shipped back to Hong Kong!

CRIPES! I need those figures especially the Master Box Commonwealth AFV Crew set for the Dromedary and rider in it.

I'm also waiting for my MiniArt Spartan Hoplite V Century BC figure I need to complete another project. Sheesh but this is a real comedy of errors!

Cheers from Peter

Hi there.

Can you believe this? The replacement parcel that was at Canada Customs has been shipped back to Hong Kong!

Yep, I know folks who have lost their job because a T wasn't crossed on those Customs forms.

Why they send it back?

Hi there.

Yep, I know folks who have lost their job because a T wasn't crossed on those Customs forms.

Why they send it back?

Hi there Moon Puppy.

I have no idea why it was sent back.

What really cheeses me off is that a friend of mine could have got most of these kits at a show for me months ago but he passed on them because he knew I'd already ordered them.

Cheers from Peter

Back