• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

Re: Logistics, the trucks & Jeeps Update April 6, 2012

Cool! Don't know why we missed the Diamond T update a while back.

Here is the new scratch built motor grader now finished. I have posted it on three threads. It will eventually go into the big diorama, Logistics, where it will be it's home. It will be clearing the massive amounts of rubble along with the Bull Dozer and the converted Deuce and a half dump truck.

My goal was to match it weathering wise to the previous Bull Dozer as it will have worked in the same environment for several months.

grader01-1~0.jpg

grader02~0.jpg

grader03~0.jpg

grader04~0.jpg

grader05~0.jpg

grader06~0.jpg

grader07~0.jpg

grader08~0.jpg

And here it is with the bull dozer it will be working beside.

grader09~0.jpg

Bob

That is just out of this world Bob.Absolutely fantastic. And having seen it develop from thought to finished product was quite fascinating. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

whoa! the t wrecker, the staff car, the bulldozer, the grader ... all of them are phenomenal masterpieces!

you are one of the few masters from mount olympus! so many details to look at in awe!

:popcorn

From modifying die-casts, building regular kits, building resin kits, and scratch building which then all comes together not letting anyone know which is which is artistry!

I really like the road grader but for the life of me can't figure out where I'd put it to use in my collection!

Regards,

Epic! Each piece is a wonder- but that grader- whooo! That's one long steering wheel shaft! The blades look great- a mix of polish and filth- just beautiful!

chuk

That is just out of this world Bob.Absolutely fantastic. And having seen it develop from thought to finished product was quite fascinating. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thank you James, I appreciate that! Have you done anymore on your Sherman?

Bob

Just got caught up on this. What a find on that staff car and really great rework. I love the wrecker it just looks tough and the whole grader thing is just wow!

Terry (y) :notworthy

whoa! the t wrecker, the staff car, the bulldozer, the grader ... all of them are phenomenal masterpieces!

you are one of the few masters from mount olympus! so many details to look at in awe!

:popcorn

Hey Laura,

Thanks Schatzie! That was a very nice thing to say!

Bob

From modifying die-casts, building regular kits, building resin kits, and scratch building which then all comes together not letting anyone know which is which is artistry!

I really like the road grader but for the life of me can't figure out where I'd put it to use in my collection!

Regards,

Thanks Saul, it's been a lot of work, but I feel pretty good about the quality for a huge diorama. I want this one to be special!

Bob

Epic! Each piece is a wonder- but that grader- whooo! That's one long steering wheel shaft! The blades look great- a mix of polish and filth- just beautiful!

chuk

Thanks a lot Chuk!

That means a lot to me coming from the Artist Laureate of MA! If you like it, then it must be OK!

Bob

Just got caught up on this. What a find on that staff car and really great rework. I love the wrecker it just looks tough and the whole grader thing is just wow!

Hey Terry,

Thanks, glad you like them.

I'll be headed towards K.C. on May 3rd with gail. We should get together. We'll be driving from Springfield, so we should be coming through your town if nothing else!

Bob

Hey Terry,

Thanks, glad you like them.

I'll be headed towards K.C. on May 3rd with gail. We should get together. We'll be driving from Springfield, so we should be coming through your town if nothing else!

Bob

I would love to get together! I will see what can be done.

Terry B)

Hi Bob, Always great fun to catch up on your progress (y) (y) (y) Really like the staff car!, but seeing the grader and dozer together is just AWESOME :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Randy

Hi Bob, Always great fun to catch up on your progress (y) (y) (y) Really like the staff car!, but seeing the grader and dozer together is just AWESOME :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Randy

Thanks Randy,

Maybe one of these days I'll have all 50 finished!

Bob

It is already a treat to be able to look through your past threads to see the dioramas you have completed...always something new to see when I look there. But to see one progress as this one has done is really a rare treat. If I ever do get to visit the museum I will have a hard time leaving as I would love to just study and take it all in-- kind of like Disney World...impossible to be done in one day!

It is already a treat to be able to look through your past threads to see the dioramas you have completed...always something new to see when I look there. But to see one progress as this one has done is really a rare treat. If I ever do get to visit the museum I will have a hard time leaving as I would love to just study and take it all in-- kind of like Disney World...impossible to be done in one day!

Thanks Jeeves,

I'm glad you enjoy it. I know I enjoy the hell out of building it.

If you're ever in the St. Louis area, just email me on my website, give me a little notice, and I'd be happy to give you the grand tour.

Bob

Hi Bob,

This is great to follow, I have some of your work in books and I'm very interested in de way you make this big diorama. I always dream about making a big diorama, but till now it's already difficult to finish one subject so I'm really impressed to see what is finished in this topic.

Johanna

Hi Bob,

This is great to follow, I have some of your work in books and I'm very interested in de way you make this big diorama. I always dream about making a big diorama, but till now it's already difficult to finish one subject so I'm really impressed to see what is finished in this topic.

Johanna

Thank you Johanna, All I can tell you is that it is much harder than most people think. There are so many things to consider and far more research than most would imagine. I just happen to like doing them. The fact that I chose five threads to illustrate the build on this one can give you an indication of how complicated/complex it is. Since 1975, I have built around 50 of these, with five being this large. Each new one always takes more time and effort than the last. When this is complete, I will continue modeling, but I doubt if I would ever attempt another of this size, for one thing, I am out of room! :D

Bob

Back