• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Figures Updated Feb 8th, 2021

Logistics, The Figures Updated August 31st, 2015

No need to apologize for 'bearing with you'; I personally feel that I haven't seen enough from you. I'm glad to see things getting back to normal for you and I'm eagerly anticipating your next model project.

Bring it on Bob!

Thanks, believe me, I'm trying!

Bob

OK I could be crass and silly with the old "Bob? Bob WHO?. But thankfully I'm more mature..... :unsure: now.

Good to see/hear your getting to the end of the movin' and shiftin' and general mayhem.

Now as a reminder for when you get back to model building.
Remember to read and follow the kit instructions exactly and use only the paint color callouts from the model's manufacture....... Bet you are feeling less out of touch Now :laugh:

P.s. :good: glad your doing well an' being so much older than me (two years). I feel like there's hope for me, even now :drinks

Read and follow kit instructions exactly - Check!

Use only paint color callouts from the model's manufacturer - Check!

Glad you're more mature now Prop Duster, besides, us old guys need to stick together! :yipee

So far, I don't need any devices to get around, unless you include glasses!

I'll be back at it soon!

Bob

Good to see you back Bob, excellent stuff with the museum. "Can't be done" ??? That's one thing that kicks my butt into gear like nothing else. Anyway, good luck with the remaining work, looking forward to seeing you at the bench again, very soon :D

Cheers,

Laurence

Thanks Laurence,

BTW, I haven't heard from you in awhile! Have you been at the bench lately?

Bob

B)
Can't wait to see you at the bench again Bob.
Wow that move just 'boggles my mind - you should get a medal just for doing it! :laugh:
Its always a nice thing to be close to family too.

Ian.

Hey Ian, I just want to thank you again for the print. It's really cool! I am figuring out a special place for it in the museum! Your Panther diorama is still in one of the boxes I haven't opened yet. I used so much packing material for the move, the local trash pickup trucks are working overtime! :) I'll be posting a lot of photos beginning shortly!

Bob

Thanks Laurence,

BTW, I haven't heard from you in awhile! Have you been at the bench lately?

Bob[/quote]

It sounds like my email is playing some funny games (again) :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad

Tried again a minute ago, hope it will work. Lately, quite a few people don't seem to have received my emails, very unhappy about it.

Laurence

B)
Can't wait to see you at the bench again Bob.
Wow that move just 'boggles my mind - you should get a medal just for doing it! :laugh:
Its always a nice thing to be close to family too.

Ian.

Hey Ian, I just want to thank you again for the print. It's really cool! I am figuring out a special place for it in the museum! Your Panther diorama is still in one of the boxes I haven't opened yet. I used so much packing material for the move, the local trash pickup trucks are working overtime! :) I'll be posting a lot of photos beginning shortly!

Bob

No problem Bob. :good:
Thanks for giving it some wall space in your museum.
Good luck with the final stages.

Ian.

Finally, I have unloaded the Logistics figures and I am amazed that after being in boxes and stored for 10 months, not to mention transporting them 300 miles in a truck, all 350 are totally intact!. Wow! I only have to start where I left off last September.

Here they are, finished, partially finished and built but unpainted!

IMG_2710_zpsxyqtersh.jpg

IMG_2711_zpsvu5m5g6o.jpg

I have one more tank to build, so I think I;ll start with that on Logistics, the armor!

Logistics, The Figures Updated September 1st, 2016

Wow Bob! Glad that they all came through the move in great shape! Looks like your build shop is setting up well too.

I curious, what is in the drawing cabinets? I used to be a draftsman years ago and those just leaped out at me. While I can imagine a lot of stuff stored in those huge flat drawers, just curious as to what you have found them good for. :hmmm

Wow Bob! Glad that they all came through the move in great shape! Looks like your build shop is setting up well too.

I curious, what is in the drawing cabinets? I used to be a draftsman years ago and those just leaped out at me. While I can imagine a lot of stuff stored in those huge flat drawers, just curious as to what you have found them good for. :hmmm

I finished the workshop about a week ago. Still have the marquee to build and I will be back at the bench.

I use the drawing cases for my brass, plastic stock, etc., etc.

Check this out for the finished workshop!

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/bob-letterman/152077-a-dual-project-updated-aug-24th-2016?start=24

I'm not surprised that everything survived the move intact. After all your work in the industry and packing things for shipment; this is simply a testimony to your skills in properly packing things for transport. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing more of this diorama as it takes shape.

I'm not surprised that everything survived the move intact. After all your work in the industry and packing things for shipment; this is simply a testimony to your skills in properly packing things for transport. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing more of this diorama as it takes shape.

Actually, when I had VLS I never actually worked in shipping. However, I did pack and move all the models except for the big dioramas myself with Susan helping and a long time friend and ex-VLS employee, Wes Bradley, who helped us out from time to time.

The dios were way too big for us to handle, so the movers handled those. None of the models were damaged that we packed and moved, but many of the big dios were. Just the difference in some TLC and business as usual.

No problem though as all are now repaired and on display in the new museum that I will be posting soon!

Bob

Mind boggling :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Always packed my models when we moved (quite a few times over the past few years), only very minor damage. All my big dioramas do not exist, so no damage (twisted philosophy :D )

Fantastic stuff Bob, looking forward to seeing the next steps.

Cheers,

Laurence

Mind boggling :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Always packed my models when we moved (quite a few times over the past few years), only very minor damage. All my big dioramas do not exist, so no damage (twisted philosophy :D )

Fantastic stuff Bob, looking forward to seeing the next steps.

Cheers,

Laurence

Hey Laurence,

I always use those large, flat boxes to pack models. I use a rubber material normally used to line kitchen drawers with Once in place, it doesn't slip, slide or move and it also holds the models and figures in place. Then we loaded them into the truck very gently and drove it down here, also very gently and unloaded them into the garage. Worked like a charm!!!

The movers, on the other hand, were wheeling the smaller dioramas in dollies, bouncing and bumping from the driveway, around the house to the walk out lower level. Half of them were damaged, but, it only took me about three weeks to repair them.

Bob

The movers, on the other hand, were wheeling the smaller dioramas in dollies, bouncing and bumping from the driveway, around the house to the walk out lower level. Half of them were damaged, but, it only took me about three weeks to repair them.

Bob
I know it all about the perception and context. But "only" 3 weeks repair sounds like fingernails on a blackboard :S ;to me... Could have been so much worse, I know (yeah there's a story there :angry: but not for this post)

Keep on truckin'; so's to speak :ro:

Bob
I know it all about the perception and context. But "only" 3 weeks repair sounds like fingernails on a blackboard :S ;to me... Could have been so much worse, I know (yeah there's a story there :angry: but not for this post)

Keep on truckin'; so's to speak :ro:

Well, there were a total of 43 that were damaged. All the way from a figure knocked over to total destruction. I spent maybe 4-5 hours a day, usually five days a week, so that's really only about 70 hours of repair work. Not all that bad considering there were a hundred dioramas and maybe 5-600 models moved 300 miles.

I plan on keeping on trucking, and Jeepin', and Tankin' and railroad gunnin'.................

Bob

Bob

Logistics, The Figures

I am simultaneously building the Shermans on Logistics, the Armor. These are the crews and the tank riders that I will work on simultaneously.These eight tanks will have 55 figures alone. Here are some photos of those.

g0_zpsypowtxqc.jpg

gggggg_zpsudumd1va.jpg

ggggg_zpshpwxzvrc.jpg

gggg_zpswlfyiiv1.jpg

ggg_zpsl9vzqo5o.jpg

gg_zps9au3xuyo.jpg

And, finally, some new ones I recently bought.

g00_zpslxnmwmzp.jpg

To be continued!

Back