• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lockheed T-33A - RCAF

After a quick start, the look of the seats was bothering me. Some research at the seats in the kit are closer to a late style seat not the early style that would have been in the subject T-Bird. The arm rests were re-built, added the seat pan and pad, seat belts from the spares bin, some ballistic lines and the catapult.

Seat_1.JPG

Seat_2.JPG

Seat_3.JPG

Seat_4.JPG

Seat_5.JPG

Now to repeat that on the second seat.

Cheers,
Rich

Much improved (y)

Keep up the good work. (y)

Had three of these during my stay at Mac Dill . Did not fly much but I always enjoyed it when they did.

Very graceful and nearly silent . The Canadian still had at least one in operation in Germany until 1986 :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Much improved (y)

Keep up the good work. (y)

Had three of these during my stay at Mac Dill . Did not fly much but I always enjoyed it when they did.

Very graceful and nearly silent . The Canadian still had at least one in operation in Germany until 1986 :D

Cheers, Christian B)

We retired our last one in 2005 with over 11,000 hrs on it.

Cheers,
Rich

That's one of only three 'fast-jets' in my log book. One of the CAF Hornet squadrons had (I think) a couple when they were at Baden–Soellingen, they came over to us once or twice a month for meetings or more likely just so the pilots could get some leave in London !!.

Enough of that, great to see a Canadian T-33 being built here.

Ian.

That's one of only three 'fast-jets' in my log book. One of the CAF Hornet squadrons had (I think) a couple when they were at Baden–Soellingen, they came over to us once or twice a month for meetings or more likely just so the pilots could get some leave in London !!.

Enough of that, great to see a Canadian T-33 being built here.

Ian.

4 Wing had a flight of 5 T-Birds operating in the utility role shuttling parts and ferry pilots, liaison, transport and acting as threats/targets for the CF188's.

Cheers,
Rich

Did I mention this guy stables his ride at our local airport? I haven't seen him flying in a while, not sure what' sup with that.

http://www.vintage-thunderbird.com/index.html

Looking good Rich.

Back