• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Little Zero inbound

Post a photo to see how far the damage is and how it can be rectified. The kit is WORTH saving so don't try to see if it 'flies', OK?

Regards,

Regards,

I don't think I have ever chunked a kit, I just put it down but it didn't frustrate me. As I said I used it to some advantage (If I were smart I would say I did it on purpose.. :D ) and got some badly worn spots on the finish. Nothing disastrous.

I've sealed it with straight Future and will check it out this evening. If it looks good enough to me, pictures will be posted and i'm callin' her done. OH I got to get the 20mm barrels installed then done.

Because I got all that rectified stuff...No, I need to make sure I get a good seal coat between layers, I think. Maybe a REAL acrylic clearcoat.

I cut the Future with denatured alcohol when I sprayed it, there was some weird spots so I brushed it straight. that location where I brushed it straight did fine. So I think if I spray Future straight before the next one I should be fine. We'll find out, May pull out the old Mustang test bed and do some playing.

Chris uses Future between his coats, not sure what he's using for thinner on his filters. Where is he when you need him????

hey - where's the headrest? :silly:

sorry to read that about the dot filter troubles ... i never faced that problem, only some spots with peeled off paint where i overdid it with the rectified thinner!

Because I got all that rectified stuff...No, I need to make sure I get a good seal coat between layers, I think. Maybe a REAL acrylic clearcoat.

I cut the Future with denatured alcohol when I sprayed it, there was some weird spots so I brushed it straight. that location where I brushed it straight did fine. So I think if I spray Future straight before the next one I should be fine. We'll find out, May pull out the old Mustang test bed and do some playing.

When I spray future Bob, I spray it straight with a couple of drops of amonia windex for flow. I dont cut it at all. Some people give a light mist of windex after the fact to eliminate pebbleing, but I have never tried and never had a problem. Hope that helps some.
James

I'm done
DSCF0188.JPG

DSCF0189.JPG

DSCF0190.JPG

DSCF0191.JPG

DSCF0192.JPG

DSCF0193.JPG

DSCF0194.JPG

DSCF0195.JPG

DSCF0196.JPG

DSCF0197.JPG

I know you can clearly see the spots in question. if I had not put the alcadII all over the place it would be bare plastic in those spots. Probably should not leave it so shinny. whacha think?

If you hadn't said you had paint troubles, I wouldn't have picked up on it. Yes, I think it's too shiny, but what do I know? (y)

Nice build. Yes it is to much shine unless it is parked in rain. I like the chipping that looks right to my eye. (y) (y)

OK all you haters of the shine...

DSCF0205.JPG

DSCF0206.JPG

DSCF0207.JPG

DSCF0208.JPG

DSCF0209.JPG

DSCF0210.JPG

Light coat of Model Master Acrylic flat clear.

Whatcha think now? :mpup

Looks great (y) Not to be a smart ass but did you spray the canopy with the flat coat to hide the fact that the head rest is missing :pp

Thanks for bringing that up Gary... :pp

Something clouded up the canopy, think it was the turp, so I coated it with future again..didn't hide it too well. thought of sanding it down and cleaning it up but that would have added a couple of days and probably would have required repainting larger area than I wanted to revisit. Honestly not real proud of this build, nice kit, could have done more.

Man, I guess I missed the "fog"! :blush: If you had a pilot in there, it could be that the defrosters weren't working?? :laugh: I think it looks great and for a one month build, you can't expect perfection! (y)

Back