• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Little Zero inbound

Adam those are parts A 36 and A 37...other than that, beats the hell out of me. :mpup

Thanks for the comments, this is totally OOB Adam, really nice build up so far and Tamiya quality. Of course this is not without the Moon Puppy screwup, the IP gages are decals. So I used my ever present Champs Decal solution to make the decals settle in. Then the screw up, I touched the decal...the dials shriveled up like bugs on a hotplate. Then the ones on the right hand side got askew a little when they dried. Oh well, not going to worry about that now.

I tell ya what, if anyone has ever written a negative review of this kit they need their head examined. The engineering is spot on and and detail is very high. can't make any claims about accuracy but the detail that is there is very well defined.

I got the wings on.
piliot.gif

Accuracy is spot on. While some detail is clunky, this is due to molding limitations. Enjoy the build.

Regards,

I was sitting at my bench looking into space and right beside that sat my Zero. So I opened it up to see where I had left off. Almost done and I dont know why I put it away :hmmm

So there it sits waiting for me to get a moment. Its all your fault MP. :D

James

I'll take the blame..are you going to chip yours?
The scheme I was doing didnt seem too chippy. I'll have to research some more. I think the interior is all done but putting seat belts on. I think I was doing the 4th one.

03.jpg

James

Man this little gem has gone together like a dream. Sealed up the canopy only to realize I forgot the headrest. Don't tell anyone...

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0183.jpg

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0186.jpg

Whacha think?

Looking cool MP. Dont think its going to go anywhere fast though :D Cant wait to see how you finish and weather this .
James

I sprayed future on it the other day, decaled it last night. Figured to do a dot filter of oils over it tonight. Used Rectified Turpinoid and it started eating into the Tamiya Acrylic paint. Someone tell me what's up with that?

I went back through your thread, you did not mention what you used for primer. I have had a similar problem, used a cheap black spray paint under my Tamiyas, even sealed with Future the turpenoid softened the base coats. I use Humbrol thinner or Testors Universal Enamel Reducer to blend my dots, haven't had a problem since.
:blink How bad is it??

As Mike said, how bad is it? I was using the odorless thinner that you buy in art shops to do mine. I never hasd any problems. But Tamiya might have changed their formula by now. Also I've never used the lacquer thinner, could it be reacting? Hope it isnt too bad.
James

Moon Puppy, I am sorry to see that you are learning the hard way that Tamiya acrylics are not acrylics in the purest form. They are lacquer based. As such, many solvents which have no effect on acrylics soften or damage Tamiya acrylic finishes.

Why did Tamiya call their paints acrylics? In order to sell them to schools in Japan. They can be thinned with water but the best way to thin them and clean up is with the Tamiya Lacquer thinner with the yellow cap:

tam87077.jpg

Post a photo to see how far the damage is and how it can be rectified. The kit is WORTH saving so don't try to see if it 'flies', OK?

Regards,

Regards,

I went back through your thread, you did not mention what you used for primer. I have had a similar problem, used a cheap black spray paint under my Tamiyas, even sealed with Future the turpenoid softened the base coats. I use Humbrol thinner or Testors Universal Enamel Reducer to blend my dots, haven't had a problem since.
:blink How bad is it??

Like a lot of my screw up I made the best of it. Mostly it uncovered the alclad I had sprayed for chip effect. More than I wanted but I'm calling this done.

No I did not use Mr. Surfacer primer or anything else other than the black primer then alcladII.

I remember now that I had the same situation happen with the PUP. I think I'm going to go back to using the hot fuel dope as a seal coat between layers. Worked OK on the VooDoo, stinks like hell though.

Back