• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Let me see your map, LT!" Vietnam 1967 COMPLETED

"Let me see your map, LT!" Vietnam 1967

Thanks, Guys. Sorry it has been a while and that I didn't reply earlier.

I finally was able to get back to the workbench this week. I redid the 9th Infantry Division Patch on the NCO because after looking at it closer, it just didn't look the way I wanted it to, so that is done.

The paintjob on the original RTO figure I was going to use for this vignette/diorama did not turn out like I would have liked as I think the lighting my have been bad when I was painting. Under better light I was able to see how the paint was glumped up. Since I am trying to get this done in time for the Tulsa Figure Show, I thought it would take too much time to correct now, so I decided to use the RTO from an earlier Platoon Series Bravo 6 kit. I changed the head which is basically the only conversion I made to the figure.

Here is how the scene is set up to look like. I still need to put the map and compass in the LT's hands.

100_7450~0.JPG

100_7451~0.JPG

100_7452~0.JPG

It is good to be modeling again.

Cheers,
James

Great to see you back on this James :popcorn
:v

Glad to see things have improved enough to allow you back at the bench. It's always a thrill seeing your work. Here's hoping things stay well.

Thanks, Guys. It's good to be modeling again.

I decided that I really didn't like the way the original LT turned out, so I am going to use this other one who is sitting down trying to figure out where he is at. I think the effect I will create with this figure and the accessories that will be near him will better convey that he is lost.

I still need to do putty work on his neck, fill in gaps, and make a sleeve for his left arm.

100_7453~0.JPG

100_7454~0.JPG

100_7455~0.JPG

100_7456~0.JPG

100_7457~0.JPG

100_7458.JPG

Cheers,
James

We're glad you're back at the bench also James. :soldier

Really nice work! :popcorn

That sitting figure is perfect for a lost-looking LT. His face says it all! Add in everything else you plan on having around him and the effect will be perfect. Brilliant idea James!

Thanks, Guys.

I did some sculpting last night. The cord for the handset to the radio and then the bottom part of the LT's jungle shirt, his left sleeve, and the filling of some gaps. Tonight I plan on adding a 9th ID patch on the left sleeve, getting the left arm fitted to the pose now that putty is in the way, and get the figures ready for painting which I plan on doing tomorrow.

100_7459.JPG

100_7460.JPG

100_7461.JPG

100_7462.JPG

100_7463.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
James

I didn't get as much done as I had hoped tonight, but I did get the antenna mounted to the RTO's radio, so he will be primed for painting tomorrow when I get home from work. In order to get the left arm to fit properly, I had to slowly shave away some of what I had sculpted last night, but I think it looks pretty decent. I will add the patch on the left sleeve tomorrow then prime this guy on Friday before the rains start here.

100_7464.JPG

100_7465.JPG

100_7466.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
James

Back