• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Laura's Naughty Corner! finished 26.02.2010

Kreighshoer

this gb is open since four months and we have seven (!) threads going on?

that's an unacceptable performance!

get on with it dudes!

let's get things rolling and give my build a fresh start here!

i won't copy&paste all my updates but copy the pics of my progress - get the hot buttered popcorn* out:

the start:

newspa12.jpg

gendar10.jpg

bailou10.jpg

bailou11.jpg

interi12.jpg

interi13.jpg

the first interior paint spitted:

interi17.jpg

interi15.jpg

build completed:

build_10.jpg

build_11.jpg

and spitting paint on the outside:

postsh10.jpg

postsh11.jpg

postsh12.jpg

focusing on the dudes:

crew110.jpg

crew210.jpg

crew310.jpg

gendar12.jpg

gendar13.jpg

the corner:

litfas10.jpg

litfas11.jpg

litfas12.jpg

litfas13.jpg

the laughing black dude poster and the propaganda poster saying to have confidence to the german soldier are placed right there on purpose since it is the spot where the two naughty corner aspirants have crashed into the column!

this is where i am now! the only further work i did was to mess up the weathering of the stug that much that i was very close to give it a flying lesson and check the stability of the model vs wall! i'll repaint it these days! then i noticed that i forgot some minor details on the flic's uniform what will be corrected also! then the base will receive a little bit of grass and some 'water' then i'm done with it!

the figures are dead flat in the meantime! and maybe i will glue another poster over the french 'avis' (since it is nothing else but de gaulles proclamation to the french population and would have been covered very quickly by the germans! my bad!)

g060.gif

* for those who prefer gershon kingsley's 1969 original: popcorn (1969)

Re:Laura's Naughty Corner!

Here's an ignorant American (don't take the obvious jokes here, I have admin power and ain't scared of using them...) The columns that all these posters are displayed on, what are they called? Are they still common today in Europe?

Bob Robert wrote:
The columns that all these posters are displayed on, what are they called? Are they still common today in Europe?

they are called "Litfaßsäule" in germany and the french call them "colonne morris" (more artificial than the german ones, following the belle époque taste)

they still can be seen over here but they aren't that common anymore as they used to be!

Great effort Laura,

Good to have your gb back.

Its a tad light in the GB section at present with the7 builds .
We had been hammered with entrants at the start and now ,where have they gone :hmmm

Cheers
Michael

mmmkaay ... i spilled some boat varnish over the base and applied some grass - both are still wet (for at least a week - boat varnish dries really slow!), i managed to at least a little bit repair the stug paintwork and have placed everything on the base to see how the final naughty corner will look like!

still a mile to walk but i already can see the finish line!

-> celebrate the nun - ordinary town (that's from the time when mr baxxter still made good music ... before he founded scooter!)

diosetting1_1_20091207_1069110557.jpg

diosetting2_2_20091207_1414353688.jpg

g060.gif

Looks good Laura!! I wonder did the German tankers get a ticket for reckless driving :laugh:

Terry B)

MrT wrote:
I wonder did the German tankers get a ticket for reckless driving :laugh:

my initial idea with the french flic had been that a german tank crew would have received a ticket for wrong parking with their panzer 4 c!

but you betcha that they will receive a ticket for rude driving and damaging french property!

Maybe you should put some wine bottles on the floor the the tank. :laugh: :laugh: :drink

Terry B)

Guess I couldn't see it from the angle of the shot. That workable suspension stuff is the kewlest!

water dried, painted the tools, rubber bands and the shoulder boards of the french gendarm (needs touch up!)

cornered1_1_20091211_1774459353.jpg

cornered4_4_20091211_2061029195.jpg

cornered3_3_20091211_1444530600.jpg

cornered2_2_20091211_1500276401.jpg

that darned towing cable needs further touch ups! god i hate towing cables!

g060.gif

Hi Laura,

Thats a great effort .

I like the track sag profile.

Very Nice

Cheers
Michael :)

Back