• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Laura's Naughty Corner! finished 26.02.2010

Re:Laura's Naughty Corner! Update 11.12.2009

Hi Laura. Nice work. B) Are you going to paint your grass or leave it the natural color. I usually paint mine with a few darker greens then dry brush with an assortment of lighter greens and yellows, any way still looks good. Keep it up.
Adam.

Re:Laura's Naughty Corner!

mike walsh wrote:
Hi Laura,

Thats a great effort .

I like the track sag profile.

Very Nice

Cheers
Michael :)

So do I, It's clearly visible in these shots.

Re:Laura's Naughty Corner!

thanks dudes! :)

Gremlin wrote:
Hi Laura. Nice work. B) Are you going to paint your grass or leave it the natural color.

i had the intention to do so! ;)

moon puppy wrote:
mike walsh wrote:
I like the track sag profile.

So do I, It's clearly visible in these shots.

i made that pic for you bob so that you could see the sag! :)

Nice progress, Laura!

The French guy has a resemblance to Hitler! :)

Overall, you're doing a great job!

Regards
Noel

whooooooooopsie! :blink 2 1/2 months until i managed it to glue the flic in place and take pictures! :blush:

thanks noel!

it wasn't that much more to do and i doubt that anyone will notice those minor changes but i finished the naughty corner at last!

fertig1_20100226_1115889202.jpg

fertig2_20100226_1009820400.jpg

fertig4_20100226_1810715596.jpg

fertig3_20100226_1344360256.jpg

fertig5_20100226_1296560607.jpg

Did you cut the grass? This is a neat display, I like it.

Excellent job Laura. This has come out really well. If you have cut the grass was it with a 1/35 lawnmower? :ermm:

What actually is the white logo next to the cross on the turret?

Laura , sweet !!!!

I like the care you took on the transition of the tracks vs the sidewalk/street , .............. nice job .

Are you going to weather the kiosk posters , ....... a tad ?

Overall nice composition , nice short story !!!

Oops , ...... almost forgot , ..... the wetness/runoff by the curb is an exquisite touch , ............ subtle yet very , very cool !!!

Cheyenne wrote:
Are you going to weather the kiosk posters , ....... a tad ?

:blink ARRGH! :blink

i totally had forgotten about them!

will i weather them or not? mwhaaaaaaaaaaargh!

frankly i don't know if i will weather them also! and airbrushing a thin coat of desert yellow to dust them is the only thing coming to my mind!

Hey Laura
A nice finish all around. Some great subtle touches to be seen (or not ;))
As far as weathering the column, why not have one or two peeling off from the top edge to give the impression of ageing?
Brad

The scene looks great Laura, your figures look very sharp. As mentioned I too like the articulation of the suspension.

For weathering the posters, would a heavily thinned wash perhaps age them a bit? Do you have any other posters that you could glue to something in a similar fashion to experiment with? and of course having some rips/torn away corners like Brad mentioned might look cool as well?

:ro:

How about taking a used teabag [ the posters are paper ? ] , a brush and pin teabag wash them on the corners and such ?

Back