• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

I believe the only difference is the V2 version has the appropriate attaching hardware and equipment for lifting the V2. I think the tank one has the Y shaped piece for attaching to the turret.
James

Thanks James!
Got the dio for the crane forming in my brain... might need to look into that maintenance stuff you picked up.

Latest Acquisitions

Happy Birthday to me! Yesterday was my birthday, and my wife got me a 40 dollar gift card to the local hobby town, and my mom gave me 100 dollars, so I decided to use both at the Hobby Town. Also decided to try out a pair of God Hands nippers, have heard great things about them, and also got a new Touch-N-Flo.

20190526_145501.jpg

And then picked this up earlier this week. It's another kit I've been wanting for quite awhile, along w/ the C-2A I got a couple weeks ago. Trying to see if I can find a flashy/colorful paint scheme for this, but haven't had a chance to look.

20190524_205534.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

It looks like many of us score big this month...me I gotz bupkis :blush:

"KV-2 Big Turret"...I thought they ALL had big turrets...I mean how much bigger can it get....uh...:blink

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Adam!! ...and some of them models in the background are Kool

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks errains!

It was just b/c of the birthday money that I got what I did today. I've kinda been looking at both kits previously, without any real serious intention of being either, but since I had the money today, I decided to go ahead & get them. We're getting ready to move, so won't be able to start them any time soon, but I am definitely looking forward to when I can start them.

Latest Acquisitions

Happy Birthday Adam! Congrats on scoring so well with your birthday money.

Mike, looks great! You got that for a review or are you gonna just build it for yourself?

Latest Acquisitions

And then picked this up earlier this week. It's another kit I've been wanting for quite awhile, along w/ the C-2A I got a couple weeks ago. Trying to see if I can find a flashy/colorful paint scheme for this, but haven't had a chance to look.

20190524_205534.jpg

Happy Birthday. Love the E-2!

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks Mike! I look forward to reading it in Boresight and the website.

Adam, nice E-2. I have one in 1/72 scale under construction now; I really need to finish it.

Latest Acquisitions

Cool cats. Will have to find some of those.
I recently saw a figure vignette in 75mm that really caught my attention. So I ordered it and saw another figure that also jumped in my basket. Its from a Russian company called Himini. They just arrived today and WOW I am impressed.
First is The Northern Chronicles.

h07d2a8c.JPG

A 10th century viking saying goodby to his wife and child. Alternately he can also be choking her which does not appeal to me at all but may be something dramatic someone may like.
Next is a Cuman Horse Archer also 75mm. He is from the 13th Century.

he10fc65.JPG

Both of these come with alternate heads and as noted for the Viking alternate arms.
Something that surprised and delighted me is they come in wooden boxes inside cardboard sleeves. Really solid packaging. The boxes can be used for whatever later on. The packing material is wood shavings which is pretty neat. The instructions have historical photos showing equipment etc. So a really nice set of figs. And the casting is awesome.

h9da0cb5.JPG

h6c26ad9.JPG

They dont have a website yet and I got mine from El Greco https://www.elgrecominiatures.co.uk/collections/himini
The horseman may be first of these as he can be wearing a masked helmet which would make my life easier.
This picture is from planet figure https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/medieval-cuman-horse-archer-from-himini.119070/
2f3b1a5fddeda1b8e1f40eeaf41ff0b16015a281-jpg.331290

imperial1523141028_016-5-jpg.331280

James

Latest Acquisitions

Few more things came in. Will do a Canadian Wasp II. Got the new AML-90 kit also with full interior. Only 2 markings though. I will do a Chad one or another African users vehicle. And another Pz III. Think this one will be an Ausf F as I have an E on the go. A few new books but no pics.

hb1b7019.JPG

he1d95fd.JPG

h6c74cf7.JPG

JAmes

Latest Acquisitions

Just got back from a week in Beantown (aka Boston, Ma). While there we visited the Mystic Seaport Museum, a hands on open air museum, kind of a kin to Colonial Williamsburg and highly recommended. My wife surprised me with this little gift from there...

hff9b8e6.JPG

h3c6473d.JPG

And some book to help get started...
hb7fd359.JPG

She got these little gems to help me development my modeling skills for my dream project which is setting in the corner of my studio.

hf0fe090.JPG

This should be and inserting build.
:captain

Latest Acquisitions

Wooo...that'll occupy some time.

Shame our pal Hood hasn't been seen in a while. He did a great job on some sort of JACK or Schooner, can't remember what it was.

Back