• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

I know I'm not posting as I used to. However, my trigger finger is still itchy!

Last part of my Amazon order came in:

AmazonMocroSolAV345AV72_144.JPG

Squadron's clearance sale items. This sets were over 50% off. There was a second Big Ed delivered but I am returning it as I clicked on the wrong one (for the wrong kit) and they don't have the correct one in stock anymore. :(
Eduard487864878749627.JPG

EduardBig4962.JPG

I only paid $1.70USD for these weapon sets. I didn't care if I already had them, in the cart they hopped!
Trumpeter0050300504.JPG

Trumpeter0051300514.JPG

Trumpeter0051500516.JPG

Trumpeter0052100522.JPG

Trumpeter0052300524.JPG

Trumpeter005250052600527.JPG

I never got around to buying this kit but found it at a great price and Echelon Fine Transfers will have a scheme I want for it soon enough:
TrumpeterT64BVMod1985box.JPG

Hopefully, I will see the decal sheet for this scheme soon enough:
h86d734a.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Nice scores Saul & EJ ...... great to have you back from bridge building ...... looks like there are quite a few Sailing ship projects in your future ..... :popcorn both of you

Latest Acquisitions

Interesting Saul! I see a trip to Harbor Freight in my list of things to do today.

Have a bunch of new aquisitions to post, but have to get the cameras busy and then make a trip to post. :facepalm

Latest Acquisitions

Nice haul thar EJ! Looks like you're hard wired for awhile :good: Books on rigging? :skipper C'mon now! I thot ya wuz a :drunk aboard the ESSEX under Davey Jones!! :tomato

Saul, nice additions! :good:

Latest Acquisitions

Nice haul thar EJ! Looks like you're hard wired for awhile :good: Books on rigging? :skipper C'mon now! I thot ya wuz a :drunk aboard the ESSEX under Davey Jones!! :tomato

Man, it's tough to teach a Machinist's Mate any Boson's Mate skills. :drunk

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

After 10+ years, I upgraded my air compressor. I got another Central Pneumatic from Harbor Freight, the old was still works and has been a workhorse. The new one is much quieter and has an auto-shutoff.

cae038784a2a491697dabaae665804d6_zpsicszaljy.jpg

I haven't got to use it yet today. The wife and I have been used car shopping. Getting a 2005 GMC Yukon XL. A lot more room for Ian and the pups on trips.

Latest Acquisitions

Ian, I paid $40 for mine but will put it up since it is the original kit. I'll build the new Bandai kit.

I love that large punch set!

Latest Acquisitions

Its a nice kit Saul but the era is a pain. The instructions are a bit vague so make sure you drill out all the holes for the add on armour. I found out the hard way. Just saw a T-64AV has been released. Need to get that I think.
James

Latest Acquisitions

After 10+ years, I upgraded my air compressor. I got another Central Pneumatic from Harbor Freight, the old was still works and has been a workhorse. The new one is much quieter and has an auto-shutoff.

cae038784a2a491697dabaae665804d6_zpsicszaljy.jpg

I haven't got to use it yet today. The wife and I have been used car shopping. Getting a 2005 GMC Yukon XL. A lot more room for Ian and the pups on trips.

Yeah, I picked mine up at H.F. about 12 yrs ago & still works fine :drinks

Latest Acquisitions

Straight from Asia, ET Models' PE sets.
ETE35220.JPG

ETE35223.JPG

ETE35225.JPG

ETE35226.JPG

ETE35227.JPG

ETE35228.JPG

Somehow, my PanzerHaubitze 2000 set didn't make it but two of these did!
ETE35230.JPG

ETEA35107.JPG

ETJ35013J35014.JPG

ETJ35015J35016.JPG

I like tools but I see an issue...
ETT024a.JPG

A closer look, do you see it?
ETT024b.JPG

OK, imagine the etched grips and where they will be once you fold over the stiffening parts...
ETT024c.JPG

Guess why I bought this kit on eBay?
SpecialHobbyIA58Abox.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Finally felt up to doing something and got a bunch of my photos put together to post. Here are the acquisitions from recent times.

Aq-006.jpg~original

Aq-007.jpg~original

Aq-008.jpg~original

There is a correction to the following: The post was by EJ (MM2CVS9) which was followed by a post by Saul. Both had a lot of photos and I goofed! Thanks for calling it to my attention Saul! No harm to the posters is intended here in any way!

Aq-009.jpg~original

Aq-010.jpg~original

Aq-011.jpg~original

The punch set was quite a disappointment! The holes are too large for it to be a decent set. I have a clear explanation on my Tool Time thread which can be found here.

Latest Acquisitions

I hope you will enjoy it. Seek out Tony Lee's build for inspiration.

Aq-009.jpg~original

The punch set was quite a disappointment! The holes are too large for it to be a decent set. I have a clear explanation on my Tool Time thread which can be found here.

Sorry to read about that but I don't own that punch set. I see why you thought it was me as it was the post prior to mine.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Well I lucked out and got another Albatros D.IV at a price not too insane. I also got a long out of print book on the Hannover CL.III. So pretty happy.

DSC05403.JPG

DSC05402.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks for the heads up on that punch set. I've kinda been eye ballin' it. Now I aint even gonna go there... :bat

Back