• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Nice scores Saul. Way to go. Good to know about the parts as well. I still think I'll stick with my scale and stick with building OOB. I have a tough enough time making anything contest quality as it is with just doing the basics!

I've noticed that there always seem to be a new pictorial history of the German soldier all the time. There's got to be more and more books about the German soldier than any other, especially when profiling them during specific battles. I apologize for ranting, but when are we going to get past them and move on to something else?

Again, I apologize for throwing a wrench in this, I guess my coffee hasn't kicked in. I'll head back to my bench now.

This might interest you.
Written by Harlan Glenn, author of "For King and Country: British Airborne Uniforms, Insignia and Equipment in World War 2" Not sure were to buy it, but it sounds interesting.
James

Latest Acquisitions

The Bussing-Nag 500 sets replace the overstated non-slip dot pattern with a much finer one.

partbUSSINGnAG50A01.JPG

Five boxes awaited me today...
please stand by
I3

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Three boxes left! One is HUGE and the other is heavy...

Why would I want this kit?

Perhaps a closer look?

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

If I was your neighbor Saúl, I'd be hanging out in your garage all the time ;)

[size=.5]That didn't sound creepy at all![/size]

Latest Acquisitions

Few odds and end showed up today. For my Harrier a Sniper pod.

DSC03330.JPG

For my SDB the final parts. Seat belts and paint masks.

DSC03331.JPG

DSC03332.JPG

For my Me 410 some correction parts.

DSC03334.JPG

I cant tell you about this yet ;)

DSC03333.JPG

Something for my tread head urges.

DSC03335.JPG

And you might have noticed I have been bitten by the WWI bug.

DSC03336.JPG

DSC03337.JPG

DSC03338.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

Five boxes awaited me today...

Well, I have only shown three of the five and I just got a box from Shapeways where I bought a set of three Sherman idlers.

Still left is one HUGE box, one from the Netherlands, and Shapeways big box/little content.

So....please stand by
I3

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Just some clarity, while the box shows a three axle M1083, the contents are for an M1078.

Basically, I combined this

TrumpeterM1083FMTVbox.JPG

and

TrumpeterM1078ArmorBox.JPG

to get

m1083_mtv_l7.jpg

with this left over

m1078_lmtv_l3.jpg

Hopefully, Adam will make this one (no, you don't have to but you can add it to the Face It Too campaign if you do):
Iron20Horse20-20Convoy20044.jpg

See the eyes in white under the black star?

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Haha, thanks for that pic Saul, I may just have to do that, and it would be a pretty simple addition. Just a fine line brush and some white paint.

And thanks for the clarification. I was going to do that, and then got sidetracked and forgot.

Latest Acquisitions

Adam, you could use a pastel pencil to draw that face in, just like the trooper used chalk on that ruck. So cool! :drinks

Latest Acquisitions

Accurate Armour 20 pdr barrel for a what if project involving an M26A1. Is it me,or is the barrel warped some towards the upper part?

180_zps41f4db5a.jpg

Some Bison Decals for Shermans,IDF and South American.

179_zpsa6754627.jpg

178_zps45e4b097.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Best way to tell is do what I do when I buy new drumsticks....roll that baby and see how smooth the roll is...

Latest Acquisitions

It looks warped, I had the same problem with a resin barrel, just dip it for just a few seconds in boiling hot water from the kettle, that did the trick for me.

Just don't forget to hold the part with a pair of tweezers so you can get it out in time without burning your fingers :woohoo:

Cheers Erik

Back