• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Big hefty box was waiting on me.

Got the Kaizen T80 Tracks for the Sherman today.

Kaizent80trak1.jpg

Simple instructions on the outside.

Kaizent80trak2.jpg

Everything bundled up in thick plastic bag, including lot of brass rod for the pins.

Kaizent80trak3.jpg

Pretty dang smart interlocking system to keep the parts from rubbing on each other during shipping.

Kaizent80trak4.jpg

Nice crisp parts on those sprues. I didn't get a count. Looks like you can make 4 tracks with each sprue...yes, 4. :blink Each track has 8 parts.

They look really good and I bet they will go together quicker than I think..least I hope

Latest Acquisitions

About the same number of times for the Fruils. OK maybe double.

I think I got a plan to sort of speed up things on that step. Just need to find a way to cut the rod without pinching it or heating it up. Could get some Scale Hardware threaded rod and a boat load of little itty bitty nuts..and a socket driver... :woohoo:

Going to borrow this..
crazy.gif

Latest Acquisitions

Your not going to drive it so how about same size plastic rod and use a chopper or paper cutter? Just thinking out loud.
James

Latest Acquisitions

I think I got a plan to sort of speed up things on that step. Just need to find a way to cut the rod without pinching it or heating it up.

Your not going to drive it so how about same size plastic rod and use a chopper or paper cutter?

Well, the instructions ask you to flatten the ends for a reason. Can you find out why? It may have to do with the design to make them 'live.'

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

I think I got a plan to sort of speed up things on that step. Just need to find a way to cut the rod without pinching it or heating it up.

Your not going to drive it so how about same size plastic rod and use a chopper or paper cutter?

Well, the instructions ask you to flatten the ends for a reason. Can you find out why? It may have to do with the design to make them 'live.'

Regards,

Shalom.

Flattening the ends is probable done so the rod pieces don't work their way out.

Cheers

Latest Acquisitions

Big hefty box was waiting on me.

Got the Kaizen T80 Tracks for the Sherman today.

Kaizent80trak1.jpg

Simple instructions on the outside.

Kaizent80trak2.jpg

Everything bundled up in thick plastic bag, including lot of brass rod for the pins.

Kaizent80trak3.jpg

Pretty dang smart interlocking system to keep the parts from rubbing on each other during shipping.

Kaizent80trak4.jpg

Nice crisp parts on those sprues. I didn't get a count. Looks like you can make 4 tracks with each sprue...yes, 4. :blink Each track has 8 parts.

They look really good and I bet they will go together quicker than I think..least I hope

This is why I'm SO glad I build armor exclusively in 1/72 scale! I'm already nuts enough without going stir crazy trying to build these!

Goo luck with those tracks. They will look awesome when done.

Latest Acquisitions

Hey Mark, you got the PsP plating? :hmmm
I hope it got there ok :cheer:
//Mats

Latest Acquisitions

Got the new Rinaldi book Tank Art vol 2 today as well as a most exciting 1/32 P-61. Pics when I get home.
James

Latest Acquisitions

MP the way i cut my ( hollow )brass rod for MG barrels without pinching them is using a stainless steel cutting blade, hold the blade straight on top of the rod and let the rod ''roll'' forwards and backwards as you push down, it cuts thru easy.

not sure how this would work on solid rod but give it a go.

And set a large model box on your right - if you are right handed! on it's side, to catch the little so and so's if they decide to launch at the end of the cut........

HTH

Latest Acquisitions

Sure does help Phil, I've used the same technique for a long time. I have a tool from someone, a Vchannel with a end stop, I can load the stock up in it, slip the blade in there and roll roll roll...I'll get a picture of it when I get going.

Latest Acquisitions

Hey Mark, you got the PsP plating? :hmmm
I hope it got there ok :cheer:
//Mats

Yes Mats, and I thank you very much! I apologize for not replying sooner; I had gotten it in the mail as I was heading out the door and made a mental note to let you know. Well, my mental post-it note fell off somewhere and that's why I forgot to let you know.

Thanks again, I'm looking for a good little piece of wood to make a stand with it.

Latest Acquisitions

I've been lazy about posting but, I did get this book yesterday. I know a review is coming too!
RZMArnhemBook.JPG

Plus I ordered these before Terry posted his review on PMMS:

Click image for photo preview.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

These Part sets, shown above, are getting better and better! They are still complicated but the finesse is worth it. For example, the L4500 engine hood set (made for the Zvezda kit) has stamped louvers for the sides! No need to try and press them in.

The Bussing-Nag 500 sets replace the overstated non-slip dot pattern with a much finer one.

These sets are no longer coated in lacquer and I will try my hand at soldering the side box sets. As reported, they are still complicated to the point that several layers are used to depict an item like the rear convoy lights.

I am very happy as they bring the kits up to a higher level. These were acquired form Jadar Hobby as I don't know of any domestic sources.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Nice scores Saul. Way to go. Good to know about the parts as well. I still think I'll stick with my scale and stick with building OOB. I have a tough enough time making anything contest quality as it is with just doing the basics!

I've noticed that there always seem to be a new pictorial history of the German soldier all the time. There's got to be more and more books about the German soldier than any other, especially when profiling them during specific battles. I apologize for ranting, but when are we going to get past them and move on to something else?

Again, I apologize for throwing a wrench in this, I guess my coffee hasn't kicked in. I'll head back to my bench now.

Back