• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Large Custom Millennium Falcon (new pics )

This is the last post (for now) I promise!
super-remote.gif

Falcon-Basic-317.jpg

Falcon-Basic-318.jpg

Falcon-Basic-319.jpg

Falcon-Basic-320.jpg

Falcon-Basic-321.jpg

Falcon-Basic-322.jpg

Falcon-Basic-323.jpg

Yes it is a big-un isn't it! Having the frame fully assembled has already shown a number of things that need rework and extra support members. Also it will help me revise the location of the hold and I can test fit my revised hold to see what will have to be done. From this point on most of the posts will probably be in the Extreme venue.

Again, Happy New Year everyone and thanks for following along.
smile.gif

I'd be tempted to connect two wires to it and see how many channels I could get. :D

Looking forward to your progress.

:notworthy :notworthy

Wow that is some model!!

And it is always fun to try and recognize all the panzer pieces they used to make it, see a lot of T-34 tracks and even pieces of a flakvierling on the engine bay parts :)

Looking forward to see this beauty take shape (y)

Mats

B) :popcorn Looks good Paul.
So how big is this across the circle and is it substantially bigger than the Finemoulds Falcon ?

Ian.

B) :popcorn Looks good Paul.
So how big is this across the circle and is it substantially bigger than the Finemoulds Falcon ?

Ian.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words Ian. As I have the Fine Molds kit handy here you go.

Falcon-Basic-324.jpg

Also note the itty bitty Mtn Dew can.

Love my Mtn Dew.

Wired.gif

The Fine Molds falcon is your favorite scale Mark! It's 1/72nd scale. The big one is scaled at 1/43 though the interior hold is actually scaled at 1/48. In looking over all the various references and how things fit my thought is that it probably should be set at 1/48 scale and just be done with it. It is actually a 1:1 of the 32 inch filming miniature.

The Fine Molds falcon is your favorite scale Mark! It's 1/72nd scale. The big one is scaled at 1/43 though the interior hold is actually scaled at 1/48. In looking over all the various references and how things fit my thought is that it probably should be set at 1/48 scale and just be done with it. It is actually a 1:1 of the 32 inch filming miniature.

Sweet! I need to save up and get me one of those Finemold Falcons if possible. That would rock next to my Y-wing.

Back