• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KV-2 Captured soviet heavy tank

noir

Hi all, here comes my modulated KV-2 tank. I believe the box itself was opened about 2 years ago so it took a lot of time to finish this model. It was my first attempt to do a souce of light technique, color modulation. Back then it was a very new technique, used on only few models. So I think I finally finished this model. I got a lot of feedback for this one from friends on forums etc. Mostly critical ones. Well it is an experimental model, my intention was not really to capture the reality or to make it look like a real one. The model is rather a technical study for myself. Certainly overdone, with too strong and hard effect and extreme contrast. In the future I would like to use some techniques in a more subtle way on other models.

The subtitle is:
"...does color modulation work, or should I have used the smaller hammer?" :wink:
01109.jpg

01101.jpg

01102.jpg

01103.jpg

01105.jpg

01106.jpg

01107.jpg

01108.jpg

01087_cr_cr1.jpg
01089_cr_cr1.jpg

Any comment welcome

Regards
Tibor

Superbly painted Tibor , the figure is really nice , I love the dirty knees . The only thing is you forgot to paint the buttons :pp

Jenny :kiss:

Excellent KV, Noir.

I love the modulation and weathering great stuff

The uniform tunic looks a bit on the blue side as well,.. may want to tone it down a bit to get that field grey effect

Best Wishes

Andy

Hi all, Adam, John, Jenny, Andy, Ant thanks for the nice words and the suggestions.
John, Andy go on and build some, the 1/35 trumpeter one's are really nice kits. Some basic filling is all you have to do. A barrel, grills and a friul is perhaps all you need. 1/48 kv-s are also nice, have seen a couple of the from hobby boss, a good buy also. Or the Tamiya ones, a great buy also.

Jenny, sharp eyes ;) , yes, I forgot :blush: , guess I'll never finish a model properly :blink . Well it's already on the display shelf, so next time I do some model cleaning I'll paint them.

Andy, you a right, I mixed prussian blue with german grey from vallejo, bit too much of blue I guess. In real it doesn't look that blue. In some way it counterbalances the big green mass of the KV itself. The uniform and the cap is not correct historically either /skull on the cap, but no eagle - unlikely/, so I decided to leave it inaccurate, no mood to repaint the whole stuff. I'll do better with my next model.

Thanks all
Best regards
Tibor

Back