• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Knocked out Panther in Cologne

wiewiorka

After doing my destroyed T-62 , I decided to have a go at doing the Panther that was knocked out by a Pershing in Cologne .

these are the 2 photo's I have been working off

Mk26366.jpg

40188_1576323692007_1353053530_1551751_3385118_n.jpg

dsc_0285.jpg

dsc_0284.jpg

dsc_0286.jpg

dsc_0287.jpg

I still have a little bit of work to do to the sides , but it's pretty much done

It is looking great (y)

That first photograph is very interesting. Where did you find it?

Tim

Luiz , Tim , Shawn ... Thanks

hood wrote:
It is looking great (y)

That first photograph is very interesting. Where did you find it?

Tim

I came across it while doing a search on Panther in Cologne , seems to be the only colour photo of it .

This site has good info leading upto the action between the Panther and Pershing,
and a breakdown frame by frame of the film taken when the Panther was hit

http://www.anicursor.com/colpicwar2.html

http://www.anicursor.com/colpicwar2b.html

http://www.anicursor.com/colpicwar3.html

Thanks Wiewiorka. A very sobering film sequence.

I was in Colonge in the late '70's and stood in that very spot. The cathedral was still under going war damage repairs and you could clearly see where machine gun fire had riddled the facade.

Tim

Thanks again everyone

hood wrote:
Thanks Wiewiorka. A very sobering film sequence.

I was in Colonge in the late '70's and stood in that very spot. The cathedral was still under going war damage repairs and you could clearly see where machine gun fire had riddled the facade.

Tim

Cologne_NowThen2.jpg

After reading the action leading upto the contact between the Pershing / Panther ,
it just goes to show how quick the hunter can become the hunted

I remember seeing some photos of Wes and Bob (Letterman) looking at the cathedral at Cologne , you could see Bob was sizing up how big the cathedral would be in1/35th scale .

You have captured the look of this famous kitty amazingly .

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
I remember seeing some photos of Wes and Bob (Letterman) looking at the cathedral at Cologne , you could see Bob was sizing up how big the cathedral would be in1/35th scale .

You have captured the look of this famous kitty amazingly .

Thanks Jenny

That footage is terribly graphic , the fire being visible thru the penetrations in the hull.

I think the reason the panther was moved to the front of the cathedral is that it would be blocking the intersection for the advancing americans . and the forecourt was the logical place to dump it

jenny croft wrote:
That footage is terribly graphic , the fire being visible thru the penetrations in the hull.

I think the reason the panther was moved to the front of the cathedral is that it would be blocking the intersection for the advancing americans . and the forecourt was the logical place to dump it

The dark side to modelling military vehicles unfortunately..... and I agree with you about the movement of the Panther , the Panther was already getting parts stripped off it before it even got moved.

war08.jpg

panther_I_panzer_V_ausf_G_cologne.jpg

40820_1576320971939_1353053530_1551741_7914977_n.jpg

Cologne5.jpg

40188_1576323692007_1353053530_1551751_3385118_n.jpg

Yes the model looks really nice.

In one of the still photo's another Sherman has stopped across from the hit Sherman. One of it's crewman appears to be running toward the hit Sherman but the other crew member is running toward the camerman. This is a interesting photo and I saved it as my background.

The day I was there the court was full of skateboarders.

Tim

Yes... an excellent job, wiewiorka: a very nice remake of a piece of history!
emoticon_nod.gif

I don't know about you guys, but I love so dearly the big cats (Tigers and Panthers) that I can't help but feel a bit sad when I see a pic of one of them hit, or disabled... Well, that's history, eh!

Congrats on a superb weathering!

Cheers!
emoticon_yo.gif

Fernao

Back