• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KI-46 III Dinah - Completed

KI-46 III Dinah

Thanks once again for the words of encouragement you guys :)

Here I am again with my usual tiny update :soldier

Some time back I bought this large sheet of Japanese meatballs thinking I had got myself set for several builds.

KI-46_decals_002_a.jpg

As it turns out, they are extremely brittle even thought they were in the sealed plastic envelope they came in. I know that they are old but frankly I have older one that still perform well. Even the Microscale decal film did not make them usable :sick: Does anyone have a better idea ??? :idonno

KI-46_decals_001_a.jpg

Anyhow, I wound up using the Has meatballs but they were not exactly a dream come true either .

KI-46_decals_003a.jpg

Next , I realized these planes had no step area marked out but not one on the modeling sites are present :smack
So, back to the Tamiya tape :soldier

KI-46_no_step_001_a.jpg

So here we are . I started working on the fiddly bits to finish the assembly .

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

KI-46 III Dinah

Adapt, overcome, improvise, seems I've heard that before. Looking good, Chris. (y)

KI-46 III Dinah

Chris, what about using circle template to make meatball mask?

Bob , I could have . My biggest issue with stencils is the difficulty in placing them correctly. I need to invest in some of the clear material Chuck mentioned using for his builds.

Even 1/16 in 72 scale is a pretty big error :S

Cheers, Christian B)

KI-46 III Dinah

I'd say stencil material also. I just invested in a Silhouette Portrait printer and Corel Draw to make some masks for tires etc. The stuff that I heard was good to use was Tamiya tape sheet 87129 which has grids on it. Hope that helps.

She's looking awesome Chris btw.
James

KI-46 III Dinah

Well sports fans I have a little brain teaser for you. Not finished :soldier but I hope to wrap it up tomorrow or the day after .

Dinah_standing_001_a.jpg

Thanks for looking Cheers, Christian B)

KI-46 III Dinah

Hi guys . Thanks for the kind words .

This airplane is a conundrum to me . Someone built one some years back and it showed up in magazines. It is also on a popular webb site. No idea if anyone can actually very it with a picture....but I liked the looks of so here we are.

The white stripes signify home defense but there's nothing on board more dangerous than a large camera . I guess it was meant to boost the morale of those who saw it .

For some reason, the camera makes it look more orange than it really is . It is actually a faded red .

I have never seen any real paint samples for this color and yet there are accounts in literature of sitting and there are relics still wearing it.

Zeke_Darwin.jpg

Perhaps it's only primmer :idonno

All I can say Tony is firewall the throttles and fly like there won't be any tomorrow ! :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

Back