• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KI-46 III Dinah - Completed

Re: KI-46 III Dinah

looks challenging Christian,

Have you considered using the PE as a template and scratching the details out of styrene sheet and rods?

yes, but no . This is only the beginning. Lot of other things to go in the pits . You realize this is 1/72 right ?

I'm gonna be as lazy as I can get away with :rotf Not gonna let a piece of tinfoil get away with this :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Hello everyone. I have mafe a small bit of progress.

Moving at a speed comparable to that of a glacier, but at least I can start detailing this tomorrow once the Future is good and hard.

KI-46_interior_001b.jpg

The major PE is installed and base coated.

Now, for paint and the rest of the tidbits.

Cheers, Christian B)

KI-46 III Dinah

Looking good Chris. I'm just starting my nightmare now with Eduard.
James

KI-46 III Dinah

Looking good Chris. I'm just starting my nightmare now with Eduard.
James.

Are you speaking of the SBD James ? Probably the worst of the worse about Edwards for me is how they switch their drawing around or turn them upside down.

Who ever wrote a landing gear manual with the gear sticking towards the sky ? Confusing ! :S

Cheers, Christian B)

KI-46 III Dinah

Hey Chris,

Beautiful job whipping that PE into shape! I had forgotten that this on was 1/72!

Keep it up!

KI-46 III Dinah

Hi Guys . Thank you for looking in and for the words of encouragement .

The PE is further along right now but there are some bits I'm still thinking on :hmmm

I'm gonna take a few mental health days and opene up this Spitfire box.

Cheers, Christian B)

KI-46 III Dinah

Just a bit of progress to report . Made a bit of headway with the office.

Dinah_office_001a.jpg

Added some plumbing and make believe components to make it look more busy.

Dinah_office_002a.jpg

Need to start putting some of these components together and it will start looking like something

Cheers, Christian B)

KI-46 III Dinah

Hello everyone. :cheer: I just dugout the KI-46 and this will illustrate why I don't like having more than one build out at one time . Namely , one of the console has gone AWOL :vmad .

KI-46_cockpit_002a.jpg

So, here I am trying to fashion out a couple new ones from sprue :blink

This is going to be an incredibly busy week so , just maybe I can get this think closed up :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

KI-46 III Dinah

While I was here basically idle , I discovered that I had in fact a book on this bird.

FAOW.jpg

This proved to be helpful as there are several cockpit pictures here that I have not found on the Webb sites.

office_03a.jpg

Since the interior parts were falling out as fast as I could glued them back in, I closed the fuselage and made my final modifications to the cockpit .

office_improvements_001a.jpg

For some reason, Hasegawa and Eduard both left off a lot of the details.

office_improvements_002a.jpg

However , try as I might it is above my ability to squeeze in all the detail of the real thing.

The canopy is now ready to be installed . I also just realized I am holding the wrong mask for this beast. This is a Dinah III, not a Dinah II :bang head .

I might just get this thing finished in time if the Sprue Bros get the mask in the mail soon :facepalm

Cheers, Christian B)

Back