• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Just purchased this. Boeing Missile TEL

Frank

Just received this from Aviation Mega Store in the Netherlands.
This will be my next build.
Military Models
Boeing Missile Transporter Erector Loader.
I have been on a three year waiting list to get one.
So far this year they have made three kits.
The adventure begins soon.
Frank
Minuteman.jpg

I was supposed to train on this when they switch to a conventional commitment before I got out of the USAF, not the missile loader but the tractor.

Can't wait to see inside!

I ran the VECB (Vehicle, Equipment Control Branch) shop at Whiteman AFB for 6 months. We had these suckers and pulling PMIs was always an adventure.

WILD! Do you launch the missile from this vehicle or is it just for loading the Bird in the silo?

Transport Erector Loader for this one, Transport Erector Launcher is another thing. I can't think of any US Launchers like the Soviets had, could be wrong.
This thing only carried the missile, not the entire assembled weapon with warheads and all.

That is not going to be a small model!

I wonder if the Detroit V12 was a 12V71 or 12V92. In my misspent past I have worked on everything from the 4-53 to the 8V92T and the 12V71.

Well, I wondered enough to go looking and found that that V-12 was two gas V-6's put together in a common block, not too impressive for a 100,000 GCVW! We had those V-6's in a pickup and a truck, both 1960 models. You wouldn't want to get stuck behind one of these on a hill! The V-6 was 304 cid, so the bore or stroke is a bit more in the 12. I also found photos of the trailer being pulled by a Peterbilt cabover.

GMC-v12.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, this is magnificent! I would love to have one of these, even if it is a resin model. It is so unique that I'd love to have one in my collection.

I'll be watching this one with extreme interest.

I ran the VECB (Vehicle, Equipment Control Branch) shop at Whiteman AFB for 6 months. We had these suckers and pulling PMIs was always an adventure.
Barney,
What year where in at Whiteman?
Transport Erector Loader for this one, Transport Erector Launcher is another thing. I can't think of any US Launchers like the Soviets had, could be wrong.
This thing only carried the missile, not the entire assembled weapon with warheads and all.
Bob,
I drove the semi that hauled the extras. That was a kick.
When I got out they were starting to rejuvenate the silos for the next gen missile (MX or Peacekeeper, as it became know). 50 would be placed there. I could have made Tech Sgt for reenlisting. I got out an come home to learn to fly helicopters, but that is another story for a later time.

Barney,
What year where in at Whiteman?

Bob,
I drove the semi that hauled the extras. That was a kick.
When I got out they were starting to rejuvenate the silos for the next gen missile (MX or Peacekeeper, as it became know). 50 would be placed there. I could have made Tech Sgt for reenlisting. I got out an come home to learn to fly helicopters, but that is another story for a later time.
I was at Whiteman from Dec. 83 - July 87. First in RV Maintenance, then VECB (I lost my PRP because of an injury in an auto accident), and then I worked as a Logistics troubleshooter/dog robber for the DCM. When I found out that only 41% of Ammo 1st Lts made Captain in prior years (vs. the quoted 98% of all 1st Lts.), I decided to go into the Guard/Reserves. Twenty years later I retired.

Barney,
Sorry for the late reply.
I was is Cheyenne from Sept 77 to Mar 81.
I had a friend in Whiteman during the same time period, (that I was in Cheyenne).
Visited the base a couple of times for parties, when I was on leave.

Back