• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers J.1

A little bit done. Forgot to add spars to top center section. Hope it isnt going to cause problems.

DSC05788.JPG

DSC05789.JPG

DSC05790.JPG

DSC05791.JPG

DSC05792.JPG

DSC05793.JPG

DSC05794.JPG

Started wood with Tamiya flat flesh and then used burnt umber. When this dries I will go over with clear yellow.

James

Got the excellent Gaspatch Parabellum 14 together. I was too rough though and broke some rounds off the belt. If you use this be aware the mount is flush with the left side of the gun and the rounds fit perfectly. Do not try to push farther.

I also suggest waiting until you almost button up the fuse to add the aileron linkages in the cockpit so you don't knock them off. You can also fit the fuse together and the turtle back to align the rods before the linkage dries. Also the gun ring and parts are numbered wrong. The ring is B-3 not F-3 and the other parts are F-10 and F11 instead of F-1 and F-2 respectively. Another item to be aware of is the observers seat. I mistakenly thought it was a choice of hard and soft seat. Closer attention shows that it is a 3 piece assembly. So got it together and got the cushion painted. So got it taped together until the primer on the seat belts is dry and then I can paint them, add them, and do some weathering. Then I can button her up and do some painting. Only sub assemblies to finish are the flaps which need to be modded, engine bearers, and engine. Getting excited now.

DSC05801.JPG

DSC05802.JPG

DSC05804.JPG

DSC05805.JPG

DSC05807.JPG

All in all a good long weekend of modeling. This is a pretty simple build and I would put it up there with the Fokker D.VII as a good starter. You can really see the difference between this very early kit and the newest WNW kits out. Will have to get another so I can do one with lozenges. Oh and will have to tidy my desk it seems as this is a pretty large a/c and I'll need room for the final assembly.
James

James

Looking good there James! It is quite a large plane isn't it.

Will have to keep in mind your errata when I finally get one to build.

Doing some dry fitting. Turtleback is giving me issues,but not really in the mood to do more. Found out after lunch that one of our coworkers passed away on Saturday.

DSC05808.JPG

DSC05810.JPG

Glued 2 .040" plastic rods together. Cut to approx size and then sanded the end into a wedge shape. Glued them to the inboard edges of the ailerons about .020 inch back from trailing edge. Added some scrap plastic inside and will fill with putty. Cut and sanded so it is a nice extension of the ailerons to fill the gap in the kit. I was going to use the side walls from the corrugated rad but could not get that to work. Unfortunately the pics look horrid, but here they are.

DSC05811.JPG

DSC05812.JPG

James

Got some more work done. Looks like I need a touch up though, even though I did not see it live.

DSC05815.JPG

DSC05816.JPG

DSC05818.JPG

DSC05819.JPG

James

Back