• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers J.1

On 3 legs. And still puttering away. Still need to do a touch up before I can gloss coat her ready for decals.

DSC05820.JPG

DSC05821.JPG

DSC05822.JPG

DSC05823.JPG

James

Creeping along. Futured the top wing where decals would be amd attached decals. Have to do some rigging tomorrow I hope and fix paint on fuse so I can future and decal. A step closer.

DSC05826.JPG

DSC05827.JPG

James

Okay wings on. Next time I wont be so dopey and will leave the outboard wings until the struts are installed. She feels heavy and flimsy so not too much moving about. Just have to get engine done and prop and few other small things and then redo the wheels and rig and she'll be done.

DSC05829.JPG

DSC05830.JPG

DSC05831.JPG

DSC05832.JPG

James

Really nice paint job James . I could see an HE 111 in those colors if only I did what if's

(y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks plumb and square or is that Plum and Green :drool

These old crates sure build up nice :good:

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Very little work done this week or weekend. I dremmeled out the end of the exhaust with a small ball bur and drilled out the tiny tubr at the exhaust also. Started painting. I tried to make the attachment bolts for the heads but I didnt do too well and you probably cant see them anyways. I have piston rods cut and will install when the cylinders are installed. The exhaust was NATO Black then hand painted Vallejo steel then a was or two or three of Vallejo track primer. Still more work needed. Hope I can get this engine done soon so I can finish up the build.

DSC05837.JPG

DSC05838.JPG

DSC05839.JPG

DSC05840.JPG

DSC05841.JPG

DSC05842.JPG

DSC05843.JPG

James

I thought the engine was built almost at the first. :huh:

Anyway, it is looking QUITE good James! Watch out for that carbide bit my friend.

(y)

Awesome work James!

I've seen the surviving one at the Canadian Aviation museum in Ottawa. It was quite a plane!

It's a wonder it flew!

Almost there. I decided to bring some tools up to the dining room table and do some work. Got gun and ring installed and engine and hoses before my arm gave out. Just the prop to finish and the controls to rig and she's done. So close now.

DSC05850.JPG

DSC05851.JPG

DSC05852.JPG

James

Back