• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JUMO BF 109

I think I saw another build where all the guy did was drill holes at an angle and insert fine brass tube. Sending Zen your way :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen
James

I think I saw another build where all the guy did was drill holes at an angle and insert fine brass tube. Sending Zen your way :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen
James

Thanks James . That would actually have been easy to fix before the painting took place . The exhaust panel actually does not conform to the compound curves in the fuselage.

Hindsight is definitely 20/20 . Should I ever want to build another, I would know what the pitfalls are before I started.

This was supposed to be OOB. , not a custom made model :idonno . I"m thinking it's gonna get some extra exhaust soot :smack

Cheers, Christian B)

quote="SA Dave" post=207223]We all know you can do it Chris Looks stunning to my eyes (y) :popcorn[/quote]

Thanks Dave but I'm starting to think you're too easy :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Dusan. Got the exhaus plates nearly in place an d added some position lights
Will try to fool with this more tomorrow .

BF_109d_repair_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Cheer Christian B)

I have missed the beginning of this, but in hindsight it's a lot of fun watching progress over a number of posts.

Christian, you're doing a great job there Sir, I really like the birdie :D

Laurence

Hi Christian,

Another superb build from you (y) (y)

The panel lines look great!!! Is that from the pin wash and are you using oils for that?

Thanks,

Randy

Yes Randy . Oils seem to work panel lines . There are some Vallejo washes in some places as well. :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Warren. Some really strange things have taken place during in this build.

There was several time I wished I had missed it myself :pinch:

Cheers, Christian B)

A week ago, I got real excited to have the bird standing on the gear but I got up the next morning, one side had broken for no apparent reason. :vmad

It too me this long to return to it :smack .

Finally I have arrived to the step I have been looking forward to ! ! ! (y)

BF_109D_Grand_finale_003a.jpg

Possible pictures tomorrow
question.png

Cheers, Christian B)

Dang Chris, tough luck. Not interested in doing a gear up version?

:rotf :rotf :rotf Sorry Bob ! I meant I was happy to clear my desk of that monster piece of plastic.

Too late to take pictures last night. :rotf

Actually , the gear got broken a second time when I bumped it . This may have to become a bad landing wreck before too long :silly:

Anyhow, this is what I got :frantic

BF_109D_finito_002a.jpg

BF_109D_finito_003a.jpg

BF_109D_finito_004a.jpg

BF_109D_finito_006a.jpg

Hope I don't bore you with the pictures but I am very glad to be done with this monster.

BF_109D_finito_007a.jpg

https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10329/BF_109D_finito_008a.jpg[/i

[img]https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10329/BF_109D_finito_009a.jpg

BF_109D_the_end_21_002a.jpg

BF_109D_the_end_21_003a.jpg

Last but not least :

BF_109D_finito_001a.jpg

A monster of a little kit but there are also good things about it if you're looking for an early Messerschmitt.
Just glad to be done :good:

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking in. Cheers, Christian B)

Back