• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JUMO BF 109

phantom II

Master at Arms
If it's not too late for this one, I'd like to throw in a Jumo BF 109 D

BF_109D.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Ok, finally found a little time to indulge my illness :blush:

Painted that stock interior . Not too shabby :hmmm

BF_109_interior_001a.jpg

This item is a single csting.

BF_109_interior_001b.jpg

Now, I need to squeeze those pieces inside the fuselage without any mishaps.

Hopefully these guys did the research . It's one of their early models.

Cheers, Christian

Today has been fraught with technicalities at Chris' hanger.

First, the cockpit pieces do not exactly fit in place .

Second the instructions could be better ( Or just be there ).

The side panels need to have the forward upper corners removed in order to fit. And the,a good bit of plastic had to be ground off both fuselage so the he three pieces could fit in

bf_109_cockpit_001a.jpg

BF_109D_cockpit_003a.jpg

The IP is not hanging right. I'll have to adjusted tomorrow.

While I was in that area, I decide to look at the air cooler and intake.

BF_109D_cockpit_002a.jpg

As you can see, it does no have a chance to fit.I guess I'll have to make a complete new one :bang head

And here I though this was going to be an easy out of box :frantic

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks to those that have looked in on this build.

I am having a terrible time making the interior piece to the oil cooler fit. Matter of fact I could.

I threw that one away and replaced it with a hunk of white sprue and ground it down

BF_109D_intake_001a.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture. Not much of anything fits in there to work on it but I thin I nearly got it. Just one pit to take care off

AS seen from the gun cowl

BF_109D_intake_002_a.jpg

and now with a coat of Mrsurfacer.

BF_109D_intake_003a.jpg

Now, I need to make up a radiator grill.

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Christian B)

I'll be damned...I didn't know we had a Lock option on threads. Never noticed it! It's unlocked, guess someone tapped that option not realizing it. Post away guys.

Damn Christian! you love picking these beastly kits don't you!!!!

Grab a Classic Airframes early 109 next time, you will love them!( I do!!) - They make you work a bit but not like this one, sending :zen to you!

Well you picked it for OOB, couldn't grab a nice Tamiya nooooo... :popcorn

I know that Bob but If I had it would have been an E model or I would have needed to graft a different nose on it.

Sword offers the D model and Heller offers the B/C version . Not any better.

I'll get there. :D

Thanks for looking in . Cheers, Christian B)

Damn Christian! you love picking these beastly kits don't you!!!!

Grab a Classic Airframes early 109 next time, you will love them!( I do!!) - They make you work a bit but not like this one, sending :zen to you!

Thanks for looking in Phil :good: Actually, I needed an early 109 for the collection .

I already have a handful of latter model 109's on display .

There are only a couple of early version in the market but this is not proving to be Sword's best attempt at a good model. Early attempt at a kit # 005

Still, much better than the Heller attempt .

Got to build the ugly ones also, to have a colection.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the interest guys . Unfortunately , I generally don't build because it's a particularly good kit but because it's something that fits in the collection .

I have fixed the radiator the intake problem with a good bit of sanding an building some pieces from scratch.

BF_109D_radiator_001a.jpg

Even with my best efforts, the rear of canopy bulkhead needed some extra plastic to square it off.

BF_109d_assembly_a.jpg

The gun access panel also need a good bit of shiming to make it fill the hole ( :sick: )

Anyhow, cleaning it up now to shoot some primer . :frantic

Thanks for looking in . Cheers, Christian B)

I have to admire your persistence! Really, do yourself a favour and go search for a Classic Airframes 109 A series, if you get one I will join you in a mini buddy build!!

Cheers!

Back