• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JUMO BF 109

I haven't commented before, but I like this little bird. I might have to pick one of these up myself to add to my Messerschmidt collection.

I haven't commented before, but I like this little bird. I might have to pick one of these up myself to add to my Messerschmidt collection.

Thanks Mark :) Although it looks half way descent it was a bear and I don't particularly endorse it.

The Heller B/C is not as nice ( it's old ) but sure would be a lot easier on the nerves.

I also discovered that Avis also makes a D model . Looking on the internet it appears to be somewhere in between the two .

Cheers, Christian B)

You don't by chance own a cat, do you Chris? ;) Very nice job- as ever!

:drinks
chuk

No sir, you did not see a cat here

Tommy_at_play_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Dave I do too . He's a funny cat .

He was most likely looking for an outside guest he brought in but sometimes he hides in a similar manner ( head only ) :rotf :rotf .

Cheers, Christian B)

I don't think I commented on this Chris, great job! Can't tell the gear had any problem, not that I'm much of a judge on that :rotf

One thing you could do: pack the model in something soft sitting upside down. That should keep the gear intact. It's the way I transport almost all my aircraft when bringing them to the club meetings.

I don't think I commented on this Chris, great job! Can't tell the gear had any problem, not that I'm much of a judge on that :rotf

Thanks Bob but I see your point :rotf :rotf :rotf

Hind sight being what it is, I would have placed a longer brass wire in the strut if I would have known.

Part of the strut stayed stuck to the wheel well, so it was not feasible then.

I would guess, due to the weird angle of the gear it's only a matter of time before it happens again

Cheers, Christian B)

One thing you could do: pack the model in something soft sitting upside down. That should keep the gear intact. It's the way I transport almost all my aircraft when bringing them to the club meetings.

That's a good idea but the antennas and cables are another fragile items to contend with. Thanks for the thought though .

I'll just have to shore the wings and rear fuselage on some styrofoam ( I think ) .

The wing itself is a solid one piece items so it is quite strong. So, foam and toothpicks :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

(y) You did a stand up job on this one Christian, very well done on a kit I would not tackle!!

for transporting, just use a cardboard box with cutouts on the sides for the wings to sit in, it also keeps the gear legs contacting anything.

(y) You did a stand up job on this one , very well done on a kit I would not tackle!!

for transporting, just use a cardboard box with cutouts on the sides for the wings to sit in, it also keeps the gear legs contacting anything.
Christian

Thanks Phil . It was completely less fun than I had hoped for :S But thankfully I got through it :yipee

I guess that what happens to hard headed people once they start something :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Dave . That was my train of thoughts when I started this build.

Not something often seen.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back