• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

John Bowrey Figure Campaign

I didn't solder up bird legs for Yankee Doodle. I possess skill enough to make bird feet! as soon as a suitable bubble envelope can be found, Mike's pigeon model will be off to his new home!
IMG_E7645.JPG
Thanks for following my model silliness!

I just couldn't let the Yankee Doodle pigeon drone kamikaze-bomb idea go.
IMG_E7659.JPG
I started on the bat/kite/mechanical wings today. More to come as yet another silly TLAR project unfolds!

IMG_E7670.JPGIMG_E7673.JPG
Progress on the Pigeon drone kamikaze bomb. I hoped for a mechanical WWI look to the wings and tailfeathers. wing ribs on the upper surfaces and actuator framework underneath. You can see how I hope this lays out. For the decoy pigeon's head? Hmm. a pumpkin or something. Grenade? Cannonball?
IMG_E7672.JPGIMG_E7671.JPG
I really do build everything I make. Y.D.'s body is a shade wide at the wing root on the right side. Grinding out the goggles and the neck help the look of Him. I warmed the wings in hot tap water to to give them a silly-looking dihedral angle. I ran a razor saw blade up the tailfeathers for a little more separation. The bird feet I soldered are absolutely, outrageously oversized, but might be fine for the pigeon bomb? I wanted to make rocking horse skids for the barrel bomb-a-kaze. I have NO idea how they would mold or cast. Or do I?....................

Thanks for looking in!

IMG_E7750.JPG
Yankee Doodle (seagull) Pigeon gets a little more paint after his Stynylrez primer and Floquil Reefer white paint.
I put him in a nose-dive over the unarmed 1/720 Graf Zeppelin. He escaped unscathed!
Then I went to make supper for my Sweetie!

Thanks for sharing our fun!

IMG_E7753.JPG
Archer Fine Transfers decal eyeballs for Yankee Doodle pigeon. His beak a little needed shortening, so I ground off a bit. Yankee Doodle (Daffy) Duck would be less white and probably still drink Coke.
Check out Woody's website. He makes all kinds of nifty model stuff. (Insert shameless plug here!)
Stay tuned for decal rivet 1/700 PEE female figure fun! "Foam Party"!!:drunks: :drink
What if I put one decal rivet on a male figure's tummy? :hmm:
"Dad Bods"? I could make The Skipper & Gilligan for SS Minnow! :lol:
ANYTHING is possible!
Thanks for giggling along!

20210502_163737.jpg
The Yankee-doodle Decoy Bomb-A-Kaze is ready to mold! I finished the Bomb-head tonight. Goggles, mean eyes, a "nose" for drilling out and inserting a thread fuse and a derisive sneer with a drilled hole for a laconic scale cigar. Why a flying explosive decoy would smoke a cigar, even I wonder about. :bm:
The Vulture Squadron's days are numbered now! "TNT" decals for the powder keg body will come with it!

Thanks for looking in!

20210906_095219.jpg
Imagine Captain Winkle Brown's voice: The Boffins at Farnbruh' chose to color the Bomb-a-kaze, as it were, such as a Camel or SE, you see. The designer insists the ruddy cigar houses the proximity detonator and is essential. Testing shows, as you can see, successful intercepts of the Vulchah Squadron resulting in a tremendous explosion and wee bits of aero-plane fluttering about the test grounds, of course. A quite thoroughly singed, unhappy Dick Dastardly packed up his smerking dog, Muttley, slunk off into the English countryside. Jolly good show, acktshally!

He looks amazing! What scale is this again? I might want to get one of these, among other items in your lineup.

Aww. I was just fooling about. Thank you. The TLAR Models marketing department is a little behind on instructions and box art.
It's a lot of fun to make models that are not governed by the constraints of History or Accuracy.

Back