• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Japanese light cruiser "KINU" 1/700th. Done.

Plastik Smurff

Ok I think I'am prepared to go cross-eyed and swear at the carprt monster....I think!!! :pilot

IMAG0677.jpg

IMAG0678.jpg

Japanese light cruiser "KINU" 1/700th.

No carpet monsters!! Good start photo Kurt, done yet?

At least it's larger than some of the planes these guys are building!

Well I have taken some progress pic's,not that you can see much.Not having a good camera don't help.
For a tamiya kit this is a clunker,rough molding and flash everywhere :bang head
To think that this kit was marked at $50 :vmad

IMAG0688.jpg

IMAG0686.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0693.jpg

IMAG0694.jpg

Wonder if it's a repop from someone else. Can't tell you having any problems with it cause it looks great. :skipper

Thank's for the comment's guy's. At least this won't take up much space on the shelf.

Are those after market torpedoes and guns or are they just painted that brass/steel colour? Looking good so far! (y) :D

Just the kit job's ,they are a little bright at the moment so I will have to dull them down a little.

Looks like it's coming along pretty good from here . Interesting to see a Laura modeled to go with it :good: since so few were ever built .

Bear in mind that all Tamiya mold for the kits they sell were not produce by that company. It has a tendency to show. :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Well I'am calling this one done and I must admit that this was a build that was not enjoyable,not the subject just the kit quality.
Anyway here it is I hope it's acceptable.

IMAG0698.jpg

IMAG0697.jpg

IMAG0699.jpg

IMAG0700.jpg

IMAG0701.jpg

:captain :drinks :drunk :yipee

Nicely done!!! (y) (y) (y)

Plenty of time left on this campaign to start another one. :evil:

DONE! Wow, I haven't even figured out what i'm doing yet. Way to go Kurt, looks great also. (y)

Thank's MP,I have been lucky (or unlucky) that the weather has been ordinary so alot of down time has given me time at the bench. :D

Back