• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Jagdpanzer Spinne

Thanks for the comments guys. Its time now for a new update.

Primer2.jpg

Yup! Now the Jagdpanzer has primer, here is another shot.

2-2.jpg

Ok now that the base had the groundwork done it was time to get the static grass done. I applied white glue by sections and the added the static grass. I then started to add silfor and some Moss I got at the florist department of the local craft shop. Here it is in progress…

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

Here are some photos of the whole thing done as far as Silfor and Moss.

7-2.jpg

8-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

MrT wrote:
Can't wait to see the walker on that base.

Terry B)

No need to wait that long Terry. Here is a preview of the walker on the base. It has received its pre-shading along the crevices and edges. I used Burnt Umber for that.

12-1.jpg

13-2.jpg

14-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

16-1.jpg

Ok now the next step is to unify the color tones of the plants. You can see that the grass is too light and the Moss and Silfor stand out. I used the airbrush with different shades of green to unify the colors. Here is the final result.

17-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

21.jpg

That’s it for the base. The groundwork is finished. Now its time to add foliage to the trees. Thanks for following the thread.

Until next time

dave

Wow at we are seeing real progress. That base looks terrific!

The only thing that is missing are four American Hobbits hidding under the rock. :laugh:

Don't stop now! keep painting!

Ruben

WOW! Dave, this looks kewl! I'm not much into the sci-fi stuff but there's no denying your skills.

very nice
i hope i can join after my final text
i try to join tiger or panzer 4 with gundam body
i be using china gundam more cheaper.

thank you

WOW DAVE!!!! :woohoo: It is turning out great. I love it.

Terry B)

Thanks guys

Has anyone has a photo or a color plate of a King Tiger in "octopus" cammo scheme. I am considering doing something wild with the spider so any help would be greatly appreciated.

dave

Hello fellow modelers and dear friends,

After a long delay, here are the final shots of the Jagdpanzer Spinne. I worked for 2 weeks straight trying to get it done in time for Nationals and I eventually painted it in a record 5 days! Over all I am happy with the results. Now I have like 10 ideas floating around in my head for a new walker… so many ideas, so little time.

Thanks a million to all of those who followed the build and all of you who contributed with comments and ideas. Anyways, enjoy the pics.

dave

1-6.jpg

2-6.jpg

3-6.jpg

4-5.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-3.jpg

7-3.jpg

8-2.jpg

My God!!!! .... wwwoooowwwwwwww!

The "spidey-tank" ... absolutely awesome. The camo is just superb!!!

The base ... absolutely realistic!

You did it, my friend ... you did it! (y)

Dave
Great work on that mecha and base. Very^9999999999999999999999999999999 impressive, :woohoo:

DAVE,

WOW :woohoo: ! Great job on th Trees & the Ground Work just POPS (y)

Yeah, I can't wait to see it all come together !! Wait a minute ... I just scrolled down ! :woohoo:

Hells Yeah ! Awesome ! Great Job DAVE. Th Whole Nine ! Looks Great !! :drink Th Schurtzen looks fantastic & th Color of the Numbers -Spot-On !!

ERIK

Back