• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Lang

Hello everyone!

Finally, I had time to start my long desired Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Lang. It´s the new and nearly perfect Smart kit from Dragon. I just added some PE parts here and there, Eduard schurzen with rivets from Adler Nest and Friul tracks.

Painting camo will be a little ... "xtreme" .....

Hope you like it. Any opinion or suggestion will be highly apreciated

DSC_0055_076.jpg

DSC_0056_077.jpg

DSC_0057_078.jpg

DSC_0060_082.jpg

Happy 2010!! :lol:

Hi Jose.

That is a nice looking Lang. Those new Dragon kits are indeed really nice to work with.

I was wondering though if you have the starting photo with a newspaper to go with your completed build? Or possibly any in progress build photos instead of straight to finished, as this was supposed to be a build log that members could follow along as you progress with any of your work and detailing efforts.

Gary B)

Hello Gary:

I´ve completely built the kit on Christmas in Tenerife (my wife is from this marvellous island). In Tenerife I haven´t any camera, I´m really sorry!. I started it on December 26 and finished it there. I returned last saturday and I made the pictures yesterday. There´re not any other intermediate pictures, I´m so sorry.

Anyway, the building is just straight out the box, I have not add any kind of extra detailing excepting the friul tracks and the PE Schurzen.

Sorry for the inconveniences

Hi Jose,

The kit looks great with the Fruils.

Dml do a great job on these kits

Nice effort ,look forward to the paint job.

Michael :)

Hi Jose.

All that while on vacation? You really have to teach me how to do that. It usually takes me two weeks just to cut the roadwheels off the sprue :laugh: . And as for the photos, Oh well, hopefully you can keep us all up to date when you start the paint and weathering.

Gary B)

hola josé! :)

i love your clean and precise work a lot but what makes me really curious is the paintjob you are up to!

knowing of your brilliant skills i look forward to this stage of the build with greatest anticipation! :)

Hi Jose,

Vacation eh ? My wife beats me if I even try to take some plastic with me when we go on vacation :laugh:

Looks good , looking forward to see that xtreme camo !

Grtz

Kristof

Hi Jose , looking great my friend , i too will be following your awesome painting skills
Been meaning to build one of these Jagdpanzers , love the sleek low profile of these babies

Matt :)

Looking forward to more. I think this vehicle was the best looking tank killer going. Just looks lethal.
James

This tank hunter is also my favourite. Sleek agressive looking ... a total killer!!

Kristof Pulinckx wrote:
Hi Jose,

Vacation eh ? My wife beats me if I even try to take some plastic with me when we go on vacation :laugh:

Looks good , looking forward to see that xtreme camo !

Grtz

Kristof

Hehehehehe Kristoff!!!.

My wife is from Canary Islands. When we go there on vacation, she is so busy visiting family and friends, that she forgets his husband (thanks God!). And the grandfathers "kidnap" my two children so ... I´m COMPLETELY FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! For me vacations in Tenerife are PLASTIC!!! ... who need sun and beach???? :evil:

Thank you for all your nice opinions! I expect to fullfill with your expectations!

This will be a really fast work, I must finish it at the end of February, so, stay tunned!!

Regards

One step more

I´ll use a color modulation technique with the tri-color camo. I know that it´s a risk, result can be un-realistic at the end. But I MUST try it.

I used Tamiya colors mixed with Gaianotes. I highligthed green and red using the same dark yellow. I highligthed dark yellow using white AND YELLOW. Yesssss!!! ... it´s important to use yellow when dark yellow (or any other color) is highligted. Just with white, you´ll burnt out the color!

Nex step, Tamiya´s Clear applied with airbrush, Decals and Washes (hope I´ll post it at the end of this week, includind the schurzen camo)

DSC_0074_092.jpg

Hi Jose.

It is really looking nice with the color on it. But now just so I understand about highlighting the dunkel gelb. Are you using white with the base dunkel gelb, or white with a true yellow? I would think it is the first one, but I just have to get that one straight(sometimes I am not so smart) :silly: .

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:
Hi Jose.

It is really looking nice with the color on it. But now just so I understand about highlighting the dunkel gelb. Are you using white with the base dunkel gelb, or white with a true yellow? I would think it is the first one, but I just have to get that one straight(sometimes I am not so smart) :silly: .

Gary B)

Sorry for my bad explanation. May be this will will help. Proportions aproximate.

Dark Yellow Base Color = Tamiya Dark Yellow
Dark Yellow 1 st light = 90% Dark Yellow + 8% White + 2% YELLOW (if I only add withe, tamiya´s dark yellow will be burned quickly)
dark Yellow Final light = 80% Dark Yellow + 15% White + 5% YELLOW

Camo
Dark Green base Color = Tamiya Dark Green
1 st light = 95% Dark Green + 5% Dark Yellow Final light
Final light = 85% Dark Greem + 15% Dark yellow Final light

The same with red brown.

Back