• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri Panzerwerfer 42 auf Maultier

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Hi all,

Heres my sign up photos, before my vacation, even though I wont be able to start this til May.

Decided I need another ribbon and I found this one cheap at a show recently so here goes

Box Art
IMAG0105.jpg

MA timestamp
IMAG0106.jpg

Timestamp
IMAG0107.jpg

Sprues
IMAG0108.jpg

Nice molding on the tubes
IMAG0109.jpg

Not so nice tires and tracks
IMAG0110.jpg

Still all in all should be a fun little project to be getting on with when I return home and perhaps some good research time when I am away

what a nice choice andy ... melikes!

i don't know but wouldn't a visit to the imperial war museum be a good opportunity for research? even if they don't have a panzerwerfer42 on display they may have some books for sale? :D

have a wonderful trip home, a splendid vacation and blissful visits to local pubs! :drinks

Off we go with this build, and sadly I have to report that the plastic is crap,..soft, full of injection marks, seams, you name it its got it. :angry:

Luckily I have made progress of the under carriage and I will use my sandy past to hide most faults,..I am hoping however that the upper structure is kinder to me,...hmmmmm we shall see

Heres a picture of progress so far ! :unsure:

IMAG0139.jpg

Very cool Andy, I have been wondering about these Italeri armor kits. They seem to be priced cheaper than the standards. Cant wait to see your camo!

Camo !!! You want me to do Camo ? :laugh:

Oh ok then :D

Anyway back to the bench this evening and the upper structure isnt much better than the lower and I have gaps

Enough blah blah here's the pics

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

Yeah they are pretty cheap however I wouldnt go out and rush into buying another one for a while this has been a complete and utter pain in the arse sanding, sink marks, sanding, wont fit, swearing, sanding, re fit, wont fit, kick dog,...........................

Back