• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri LVT Tracks

shawngehling

Does anyone know how I can contact Italeri,
or if there is someone else??? to get more sets
of the LVT tracks?
I have some old Nitto and Blue tank (which is another
re-release of the old Nitto LVT(A)5 which has M-4
sherman type tracks in the box).
The old Nitto rubber band ones are way too brittle and
are snapping when I try to stretch them.
I know someone out there must know where I can get some.
I'd really love the new printed (I don't know how to
describe it) ones, but they are way out of my modeling
budget.
Thanks in advance.
Shawn

Hmmm I think Mike Walsh said he has been to the Italeri factory so he should know , Fruil has just released a set of aftermarket tracks and if you want the best aftermarket LVT tracks on the market then HardCorps models make them too , they are in reality as complex as tracks get , the Hard Corps tracks come pre assembled from a 3D copier and are beautiful but are not cheap .

Jenny :kiss:

Shawn,

Since you are in the US, try contacting MRC (Model Rectifier Corporation). Bob Lewen is a good guy there and they distribute Italeri. They should be able to help you buy the tracks.

HOWEVER, I would recommend the others suggestions (Friulmodel and Hard Corps Models). In the future (before the year is up), I expect to see hard resin snap tracks as well.

Regards,

Thanks Jenny, Saul and Terry,

Jenny, I think that the Hard Corps 3D printer type are way out of my league (reads modeling ability) and price range. :(

I will try and contact MRC Thanks Saul. I know this will be hard to believe, but I have never built a set of Friulmodel tracks… :blush: :eek:hmy:
The guys in my model group swear by them, but again, don’t know that I’m up to that Task? :unsure:
I would love to see some hard Resin snap together tracks. (It would be nice if they made both types (early ones were diagonal and the later ones are more wavy). :) B)

Terry I will PM you and talk with you about the ones you might have?

Thanks again.

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

email address from Italeri.

italeri@italeri.com

Here is the link
http://www.italeri.com/contattieng.aspx

If you address the email to someone in the sales department I'm quite sure you will get a reply.I found the people at Italeri very helpful even when I was trying to locate the business in Bologna.
It was trip of first's ,driving on the left side of the road and understanding
italian road signs :laugh: :)

As a Fruil convert ,I'll never look back and I can only recommend the metal tracks .
Probably mentioned this over a few threads but Fruil are the way to go .

I've got a couple of LVT'S in the wings and I'll await the Fruil release :)

Michael :)

Michael,
Thanks, I will drop them a line.
I have a few of the Italeri kits, but I have a bunch of the
old Nitto and Blue Tank kits that I want to convert.
So since the rubber band tracks are breaking up, I will go
with the Italeri ones for now.
Thanks again.
Shawn

Back