• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri 1/72 M13/40

razordws

Here is my entry for this one.

01M1340_zps86c4f270.jpg

Thanks guys. Did some assembly last night and looks like I have some seams to fill. Especially that one behind the built up middle section. :eek:hmy:

02M1340_zps5bf79f9f.jpg

03M1340_zps4d228d7a.jpg

Thanks guys, yes it is tiny but tiny can be fun! :gogo

More progress yesterday. Hard to fill in the seams without ruining all the rivet detail. Still have a couple seams to fix but it is getting there. I'm pretty sure this is one of the old ESCI molds that Italeri have reissued so lots of ejector pin marks etc in places where you just can't fix them but still a neat kit regardless. Running gear is not glued yet. Need to get some primer on next.

05M1340_zps04f15358.jpg

04M1340_zpsd43f58fc.jpg

MP, tough to do in this scale. Best technique I've heard of is to use a drop of CA from a pin. I'll give it a try.

Thanks James. :drinks

As Bob said, you can use rod for those. If I remember correctly they are half dome? if so drill hole, add plastic rod and then heat a small screw driver and hold it close. The rod should mushroom back. Otherwise look for Caliber 35, they have replacement rivets at a reasonable cost. Just saw Meng has some also.

http://www.meng-model.com/index2ss.php?id=205

Here would be the ones you want.
http://www.meng-model.com/index2_new.php?id=216

1374815064680.jpg

1374815247371.jpg

James

Never thought of drilling a hole first James. Awesome tip, thanks. I think I can make it work with rod now. I tried once to do rivets in this scale but they were too small to handle.

I tried drilling the holes and using strecthed sprue to recreate the rivets. The stretched sprue was too soft and did not work very well so I did the CA glue thing on the rest of them. I bought the smallest diameter styrene rod I could find to use for making the rivets but it was still too big.

I finished painting the road wheels on it yesterday and futured it this morning so that I can give it a wash at some point. Oh and I spent most of the night last night on my hands and knees searching for wheels on the floor. Carpet monster went hungry last night. :D

I usually don't future my armor models but I used Model Master enamels because I had some Italian Sand. The paint was almost beyond use and kept clogging the nozzle but I gotter done. I am also using this build for a 10 day challenge build on another site so I futured it instead of trying to wait for the enamel to fully harden before giving it a wash.

The model itself is pretty crappy. Ejector pins in crazy places and out of round wheels but this is the only kit of this thing in this scale so what are you going to do. :idonno

Don't feel like doing much on it tonight but maybe I'll go start painting the tracks or something.

07M1340_zps750010a4.jpg

06M1340_zpse72ce77d.jpg

Needs some touch ups and a few do dads. I need to work on the weathering a bit more but it is pretty much done. The old school vinyl tracks were a royal pain in the petunias. Took a wack of CA glue to get them to sit half decently on the wheels and sprockets. Oh well it is something different for the display case.

08M1340_zps8da58d91.jpg

09M1340_zps8cde4c57.jpg

10M1340_zps74c2171e.jpg

11M1340_zpsa7358531.jpg

12M1340_zpsc661f30a.jpg

Back