• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

it should be a monthly build - but -- finished

mlp

as you all have guessed it took longer than a month :)

The theme of this monthly build at Swannys (hope nobody minds me mention it where) was Vietnam - so I took a Mig-21PF - well and that was the first error :)

I took the old Lindberg kit in 1/72 which comes as this

P1050796_1.jpg

For those looking at this, there is nothing - yes - nothing to put inside. So I decided to do it as a monument for an Vietnamese hero.

The Mig ended to look like this (almost in time :) )

P1050837_1.jpg

P1050838_1.jpg

P1050840_1.jpg

P1050861_1.jpg

The battle damage is given with the kit.

Well and tonight I continued with the base - just the basics so far

P1050908_1.jpg

P1050907_1.jpg

Thanks for stepping by!

Re: it should be a monthly build - but

That is very cool and something you dont see too often. (y) (y) (y)
James

DANG Martin, I just mentioned something to James about a forgotten gate guard.

No problem mentioning Swanny's, I do it all the time. It's all about sharing the hobby don't ya know? :mpup

:popcorn

Very cool Martin! Brings back memories of my hometown back when the Plattsburgh AFB was still open. They had (and still may have actually despite the base closing) a B-47 posed out front...and every Christmas, the AF folks would put a giant Santa Claus astride it ;)

I remember building the IMC battle damaged kits! Nice to know that Lindberg picked up the molds. I recall this one and an RF-4B Phantom.

Regards and nice work,

My apologies ahead of time to Bob...my iTouch and the MA gallery don't play nice...here is how you knew Christmas was coming in Plattsburgh:

df3e9d5e.jpg

Would be a cool dio too!

That's pretty freaking sweet. Cool how the model comes damage.

My apologies ahead of time to Bob...my iTouch and the MA gallery don't play nice...here is how you knew Christmas was coming in Plattsburgh:

df3e9d5e.jpg

Would be a cool dio too!

That is cool!

What problem is it with the gallery on iTouch (that name just brings up bad mental image... :blink )

Apple doesn't run anything driven by Flash player...least not on the Touch...so I either go to the nook or desktop when I am uploading. This one I just happened upon while surfing on the Touch...yeah I know...sounds weird! ;)

Thanks a lot for your kind comments! :)

played a little with the base and did an arrangement test

P1050947_1.jpg

P1050945_1.jpg

P1050944_1.jpg

P1050943_1.jpg

well there is missing something I think - yes sure some more weathering of the base, yes, but something else ... some bushes or alike

Perhaps some weeds growing up around the base, around the pavers, wouldn't be much foot traffic under the plane would there?

Splendid-- really like this one! Would be a cool dio idea...like a Monument or War Memorial build?

That's kind of Dr. Strangelovish. Serious looking clouds in the background too. Great model, Martin.

sweet stuff martin! i really like this!

i agree with bob - some dirt, moss and lichen on the concrete mounts, some pigeon poop on the mig and some weeds between the cobblestones and you have a lifelike rendition of a monument!

EDIT: maybe you give the grass some overspray with olive drab to break the even appearance? adds a lot!

Splendid-- really like this one! Would be a cool dio idea...like a Monument or War Memorial build?

Plane on a Pole build?

well I would name it "Gate Guardian" or "Memorial" as there are some nice other thingies on pole too ... even some subs in northern Germany

EDIT: ohhhh :blush: and thank you all for your nice comments ans suggestions

Plane on a Pole build?

well I would name it "Gate Guardian" or "Memorial" as there are some nice other thingies on pole too ... even some subs in northern Germany

EDIT: ohhhh :blush: and thank you all for your nice comments ans suggestions

Sounds like Martin just got drafted as moderator for a new Campaign. "Gate Guardian Campaign". :Hiay :soldier

Yeah...there are memorials with tanks (Russia comes to mind), guns (look at any VFW or American Legion), planes, subs (like near Ken in Fall River, MA), etc...

Back