• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Iron Mike's T-34/85 Berlin Build

Thanks, guys! I've heard many different names for this method, dot filter, SODA (small dots all over), not sure how that worked out!:laugh: Anyways, get a good clear coat over your base, I used Future (Kleer) thinned with Windex with ammonia and the oils are easy to blend. I learned this technique here on the forum, where the heck would I be without you guys?? I haven't installed the headlight lens, I found out the hard way on my last build that you want to put it in LAST, after all the flat coats are dry!:D

Well the oils are dry and so are my ideas for finishing this build! :( I have been trying to come up with the base and small vignette (more like viNYET!)with no luck. Any suggestions or ideas? :idonno

I think just a simple street scene with a little bit of rubble would do nicely.

Terry ;)

Yeah, that's the direction I was headed, Terry. I just can't see it yet, if you know what I mean.

Thanks, Sherm! it's missing something though. I have the next two days off and hope to sort out a direction, with a little help from my friends! Stay tuned (please?)

Hi Mike ,

Check out the following link , this may provide some finishing inspiration !

http://mini-history.blogspot.com/2010/03/t-34-with-bedspring-armor-berlin-1945.html B)

best regards
JOEY

Wow, Joey! That is one cool build! I need to get mine back on track so I can finish some others! Thanks for the pick me up!(y)

This project is officially complete! I was going to try a base, but just have too many other things I want to do! Here are the photos of the completed piece, it was a very fun kit to build!

IMG_3999.JPG

IMG_3997.JPG

IMG_3996.JPG

I made the base from some cherry lumber I've had squirreled away for just such an occasion. Thanks for watching!! (y)

Great job Mike,I agree it was a nice build.Nice to see someone else reach the finish line !!

Back