• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Iron Mike's Firefly VC !

I like it! Need to blend in more on the back wall, brush strokes are pretty visible, unless that's what you intended?

the Brick work rocks!

I like it! Need to blend in more on the back wall, brush strokes are pretty visible, unless that's what you intended?

the Brick work rocks!
You know, it doesn't look like that in person at all, one of those camera things? I made a whitewash from Vallejo paint, so I can add some more layers to cover that.

Looking cool. Learning stuff from you all the time. (y) (y) (y)
James
You're learning from me? I'm getting what I know from here! :lol: The Humbrols dry brush like a million bucks, especially over the fast drying Vallejos!

Thank you, Terry! I've had the base in my stash, finally had an excuse to use it.

guess the walls were painted with brushes in real, so if you see that on the model it wont hurt or...? :)

I toned the brush strokes down some, but you are correct. Making some progress today, no pix yet.

Having a second day off always makes me want to hit the bench, so I decided to focus on the base. I think it's kind of out of sequence, but I wanted to be sure everything fits! I added some whitewash to the inside to tone down the brush strokes that showed up last night, painted and dry brushed the very cosmopolitan door and planted some grass.

IMG_4280.JPG

IMG_4281.JPG

IMG_4283.JPG

IMG_4284.JPG

IMG_4285.JPG

IMG_4286.JPG

The base is made from some left over moulding, painted with Rustoleum Metallic Copper, just to be different. I've come to the conclusion I either need a massive bench cleaning or a bigger bench! :D This has been fun, I tried many new things that I have learned from my friends here and feel like this is a passable first attempt. Camments, suggestions, ribbing always welcome. The tracks are test fit and primed, ready for my next day off. :drinks

Cheers! I think it you nailed it! Only thing I would do is add some debris along the base of the wall.

Very nice work, Mike! :dude It does look the part. This build of your's is really picking up momentum: I'm very curious about the final result, although I already know it'll be awesome! :notworthy

Cheers! B)
Fernao

I think you really nailed the paintwork on the walls and bricks my friend, very good ! (y) (y)

The only thing to mention would be to fill those gaps in the base of the wall to tie into the ground and stuff up that area with grass

A qu ? Is that the molded groundwork in the scene or have you added that your self as I feel that it could do with some more texture.

I really cant wait to see more Mike :popcorn

MIKE ,

Great Lookin' Base !! I love th Door. It adds a splash of Color. Brix are Awesome !!

If I may ... a couple of things to consider -
1) Maybe take some Woodland Scenics Spray Matt Medium & shoot it donw on th ground between th Road & the Wall & sprinkle some Pigments down to give ya' more of a Dirt Texture ?
2) Maybe add some Grass ... ermm .. I mean Weed ... erm... :blush: Weeds ...near where th wall & ground meet in a couple of spots to give it some character ? :D

None of this is meant to take away from your Build. I think it looks Great ... but I also think these two small additions would really make th Scene PoP ! ( IMHO) Just My $.02 (USD)

Great Job .. I'm lookin' forward to seein this with th FireFly in it !!

:drinks

Thank you to all for your comments, I appreciate the feedback and suggestions!! I'm posting these pix tonight so I can find the flaws from today's build, they show up better here! :bang head

I washed the lines and added the decals this morning and worked on the Bison while everything dried. The tracks were painted with Panzer Aces Track Primer, then washed with The Filter Ochre for Grey. Getting them in place was a trick, gluing them together was even trickier. Thankfully, my wife was off today and lent a hand on the clamps!

I put it all back together for a dusting of AK Interactive's Dust Effects and some Vallejo and Mig pigments on the tracks.

IMG_4497.JPG

IMG_4498.JPG

Looks like the pigments need some work on the tracks and wheels.

IMG_4499.JPG

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

I'll go back over it with some Vallejo Matte Varnish, but have it about wrapped up. Comments, suggestions and friendly ribbing always welcome! (y)

The paint fading looks great,Mike! (y)

As a suggestion...add some stuff on the deck and[here I go again] some MORE pigments,
on the lower part of CAROLE!

Greetings,Ron.

Back